Solved

WSAE sets SAS Pro to Deny.

• 25 May 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Yesterday I downloaded SAS Pro Version 5.0.1150 fresh install. Today I noticed that WSAE set SAS Pro to "Deny" in the Protected Applications settings. I changed setting to "Allow".
icon

Best answer by YegorP 25 May 2012, 17:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey ProTruckDriver,

Thanks for pointing that out to us! It's actually perfectly normal for "stuff" to be set to "deny" or "protect" by our Identity Shield and in fact very few programs/applications are set to "allow" automatically. This is to ensure that the program can't steal your information in case it happens to be malicious (or have malicious code injected into it). That being said, if you know the program is good, setting it to "allow" is fine. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also it's a new updated version from last week! ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Also it's a new updated version from last week! ;)

TH
Thanks TH for pointing that out. I've been on the road all last week and a part of this week. I didn't realize  the new Version of SAS.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Since the new version of SuperAntiSpyware Pro has been set to "Allow" in Identity Shield, should it also be added to "PC Security... Quarantine... Detection Configuration"  so SAS does not get blocked while scanning using it's own signature database?

OR should it not be set in Quarantine so that WSA can monitor it if a new SAS version is in play?

Userlevel 7
It shouldn't need to be added as allowed in quarantine. It's not likely WSA would FP on SAS. Setting it to Deny in Protected Applications is a precautionary measure. Picking up on it as an actual threat is something else entirely. It isn't actually picking up on it as a threat at this point is it? If not, you don't need to manually set it to allow in detection configuration.
Userlevel 7
I have actually found no issue or inconvenience functionally by leaving as set to Deny in Protected Applications, as I suspect that SAS does not go about doing anything that this setting would prtotect froom (but I may be wrong on that...just not noticed anything so far ;))

Balders
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
I've had to set a text editor and LibreOffice Portable to Allow mode rather than WSA setting of Deny mode since it will not allow me to paste stuff when I copy text from one of my protected apps such as a password management program.