Yellow symbol in password manger page of log in pages

Badge +5
  • Fresh Face
  • 3 replies
There are a couple of symbols on the password managers page where it records all your registered web pages. The pencil one is obviously the edit symbol that I think just means it has been edited. But the yellow one with what looks like a cherry on a piece of cake isn't obvious. Anyone know wha this is?
Thanks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bgs

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you referring to the Password Manager page under the online console (HERE)? If so then please be a little more explicit as to where to look on that page.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +5
It is in the 4th column on the site page of the Password manager page, beside the edit symbol. It kind of looks like a basball diamond with a cherry where the batter would stand. IT is the first column to the right of the password column. It might also be described as a cupcake titled on its side with a cherry on top.
Userlevel 7
Hi bgs

Thanks...after I posted my reply I did some checking and finally sussed out what yo uwere referring to but depsite searching high & low I can find no reference to what this relates to and have tried a number of things to try to work it out.

Perhaps our most excellen & all knowing Community Manager ? may know someone who does/can advise on the use of this conundrum item? ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok so I've found the icon.  My guess would be it's a post-it note icon, both from the look and the location in the order of columns, meant to indicate if there's anything in the notes field on that password.  However some of my stored credentials have the icon and some don't, and none of them have anything in the notes field.  I've compared two sets of credentials and I can't see any difference between the ones that have the icons and the ones that don't have the icon.  I'm asking around internally to see if anyone has any more info.  

Baldrick - this is in the console, under the Passwords tab, on the list of Sites.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks...I have observed exactly the same as you have noted in respect to the display of this icon and can find no way of relating it to any input that I make against a set of credentials; as you said one might add notes but it does not display and then it may display when no notes are attribued to the credentials in question.

There appears to be no rhyme to why it appears and no way to use it. Might someone in SUpport or Development know what it is used for?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's possible that there's a bug around when this icon displays. I'm talking to folks here right now and will let you know what I find out.
Userlevel 7
Hi NIc

Much obliged to you for that...it will be good to get the expert steer on that. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
I'd be curious to know, too. I have noticed that if you go to edit a website with this icon, even if you don't change anything and save, this icon goes away. Strange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok the icon is indeed an indicator of there being something in the notes field.  It looks like the bug is in the initial state.  It can show the icon even though there was nothing put in the notes field.  After the initial creation, if you go put something in the notes field, save it, then erase it and save again, the icon will go away.  Thereafter it will correctly indicate whether or not there is anything in the notes field.  
Yes. I see now. I'm able to reproduce. But there is a little bit of bug in that I had never used the notes (until today) yet I had many of those icons. But like you said, they go away upon saving if nothing is in the notes section.

Thanks ?. You've earned the Sherlock Holmes badge. Keep up the great work! ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yup the bug is that the icon shows on entries that are blank, initially.
Userlevel 7
Kwell...but I thought I have tried that before my second response to the OP...obvioulsy did not try hard enough. ;)