Solved

Creating target tags

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I may be missing something when creating target tags in Security Awareness Traiining. What I thought would happen is I could create a list of tags and apply them to targets (users) when needed.

What I found was a bit clunky. I had to select an existing user, add a tag, and then apply the tag to that user. If I removed the tag from the user, the tag was no longer in the list of tags. 

For example, I tagged one user as newemp and another as csuite. Both tagswere in the tag list. When I removed the csuite tag from the user, it was no longer in the list.

icon

Best answer by ggreenbaum 5 May 2021, 22:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @lrolf ,

I’m going to ping our SAT product expert to see if he can help you out.

@ggreenbaum  - any ideas?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @lrolf,

If a tag has no users assigned to it, the tag will be removed. Tags cannot be maintained independently of users. Perhaps our  Distribution List feature is a better fit for your purpose? Check it out here:

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/business/administratorguide/administratorguide.htm#SAT/ManageUsersDistributionLists.htm?Highlight=distribution%20list

I’ll keep an eye on this post so please feel free to follow up or DM me if you need anything else.

Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying this @ggreenbaum. We’ll keep it mind as we roll out these services to clients.