Solved

Universal Reporter Prior Month Reports Availablity

• 1 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Good Morning

Logged into Universal Reporter to run reports for prior month to send out to my end-users but the immediate report will include data from April, when will May be available or how can I push the most up to date data through?

Thanks

Bill

icon

Best answer by cbullas 1 June 2020, 11:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Bill,

The tool uses our Unity API to pull from many sources, so 3 days is required to make should everything is synced up correctly.  

Great you’re using the tool, please post if you have ideas to move this forward. 

Kind Regards

Userlevel 2

Hi

Just so I understand after all I am just a simple man :grinning: if I do immediate reporting on the 3rd June the data will include May 01 - May 31?

I just want to run the first ones manually and send to customer site until I get them how I want them.

It’s a great tool. The only thought I have so far is being able to combine all the chosen reports for one site into one email as opposed to an email for each report even if that means there are several .pdfs on one email.

Thanks

Bill

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, simple is better, complicated people are difficult :) The tool is powered by Unity API where calls used collect 30 days of data. Meaning that if you select the 30 ‘start of month’ you get 1st to 30th. If ‘ending last day’ you get (for example) 2nd to 31st. I hope that makes sense.

Manual is better to understand how it works and make changes you require. I’d love to know what your customers  think of the reports, I hope it helps your company.

On combining multiple reports, there is combined report that you can try using as a starting point. 

Userlevel 2

I have tried the combined report but it doesn’t give me what I want my customers to see. I want to send a combination of the reports from the listing in one email as seen as it’s not recommended to create one big report. 

It’s new time will tell how best for me to do it but if there was an option to combine the reports into one email for a site that would be great :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Bill, as this thread was setup as an initial question, I think we’ve answered that now. To help and engage others  I think it would be better to split off creating a specific report to a new threat , though I would check out this thread which examples why we keep them separate. https://community.webroot.com/webroot-universal-reporter-130/creating-combined-reports-343524

Thank you for explaining the functionality from the Unity API but it would still be nice to be able to pull a variable amount of time or the current month.  For example right now I need August up until now, would prefer not to wait until next month to pull last minute when it’s the 1st of the month already.

I can see in the powershell where startdate/enddate are pulled, is there a way to update this or wherever the dates are getting pulled from the API?  If not I’d like to enter this as an enhancement reqeust.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@cbullas 

There was mention that the reporter was going to be built into the GSM. What happened to that? 

John

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thank you for explaining the functionality from the Unity API but it would still be nice to be able to pull a variable amount of time or the current month.  For example right now I need August up until now, would prefer not to wait until next month to pull last minute when it’s the 1st of the month already.

I can see in the powershell where startdate/enddate are pulled, is there a way to update this or wherever the dates are getting pulled from the API?  If not I’d like to enter this as an enhancement reqeust.

Understand, we are getting more customers asking for functionality outside the initial user case, “MSP wanting reports per site for last month”. I’ll add it as a  potential idea for the product backlog.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@cbullas

There was mention that the reporter was going to be built into the GSM. What happened to that? 

John

Hey John, so the tool can be downloaded from the console under Reporting, API reporting. You’re also find a useful set of links and videos to help you. It’s a standalone installable app not a web SaaS tool, I hope that makes sense.