Solved

Being told I have 3 devices connected already. why?

• 18 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

While I have installed Webroot Wifi Security on a number of devices, I have not used it on anything in over a week, maybe two. 

But today when I tried to use it on my main iPhone, I was told I already have 3 devices connected. I would claim impossible since my other devices are not with me, sitting at home not logged in. 

So how do I discover what 3 devices are supposedly connected?  And is there a remote way to just say, when logging in, to logout all other devices?

I doubt my account has been compromised and someone else is using it, but how would I know?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by RidgeRider 18 November 2019, 21:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been a little crazy between holidays and work,

I will indeed reach out to support to see how to resolve this. Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Closed my ticket on this issue.  Support team logged off all instances on my account.  Had to re-logon all devices after waiting five minutes due to too many incorrect logon attempts.  Working now.  Second time I had an issue with logged on clients; first time, over a year ago, indicated too many logged on.  Support team made some unspecified change to my account to clear it up.  The most recent stated more than 3 devices logged on and to logoff at least one device.  However, I have 5 lics so I suspect a change on the auth server SW needed to be tweaked.  Will monitor.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Apologies for the incovenience @MajorHavoc and @RidgeRider - I have investigated based on the Private Message data I have received and it does not appear that the app is behaving as expected. The number of installations is within the total number of licensed connections - so it doesn’t make sense that the conccurent connections could exceed that. I have escalated this to managers in our Support Team to investigate and hopefully resolve ASAP. I have a short term workaround available that will not requiring Changing Password which I will message to both of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks for the responses. I see I’m not the only one. I’m reluctant to do change password as well. That is a bad workaround. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I would absolutely encourage reaching out to the Support team on this - the Change Password suggestion was only ever a short term workaround to hopefully allow immediate access as it was the weekend and it seemed like that was required. I am not for a moment suggesting that as a long term solution @RidgeRider.

If one or both of you can DM me your email addresses and the operating systems you have WiFi Security installed on, I'll escalate this with Support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I got that message too.  Have a 5 lic sub.  Only 3 of five devices on.  Put in ticket.   Changing password to fix is awful.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@MajorHavoc As a short term fix to get you connected, you could try changing your password. This should trigger a message that logs you out on your other devices.

What are the other devices, PCs? iPhones and iPads? Android?

I can drop the client teams a line to see if they have any thoughts as to why your connections are seemingly showing as active - perhaps an unclean disconnection if you lost network connectivity abruptly. That is just me speculating though. I'd need to speak to the relevant client team(s) for their expertise to answer more definitively.

Userlevel 7

Hello @MajorHavoc 

I’m going to move your thread to the Webroot WiFi Security Forum where @pstonethompson monitors all the WiFi Security posts. He will be able to answer your question.

Dave.