Deactivate VPN on my tablet

• 20 September 2021
  • 3 replies

How do I deactivate WiFi Security on my tablet so that I can install VPN on a computer?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @Shugar ,

I’m not sure I fully understand your question. So, I get that you want to deactivate WiFi security on your tablet. But what does that have to do with installing a VPN on your computer? I imagine you’re talking about two separate devices?

Can you clarify what you’re trying to accomplish here?

I can say that deactivating WiFi security on your tablet should be pretty straightforward: Open the app and click “disconnect”. 

Sorry for being so brief/confusing in my query.

I have a WiFi Security licence for 3 devices and have it installed on a computer, tablet and phone.  I have acquired a second computer and want to have it as one of the 3 devices in place of the tablet.

I uninstalled the app on the tablet (there is no disconnect option there) but I guess that doesn’t register back at the source.

Is the Console the right place  to “disconnect”?  When I go there I don’t see any details of my devices or any way to manage them.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not actually sure how you’re supposed to de-register a device from WiFi security. I know for SecureAnywhere it’s done in the console but not positive on wifi security.  I’d recommend reaching out to our support team to have them de register the device for you.

http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact