I keep getting a message saying that my wifi vpn security login information is wrong, I just purchased a 3 device script from Webroot, can someone help

• 20 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

For some reason anytime I try setting up an account for Webroot Wifi Security, I am unable to create an account or I am told that I am entering the wrong username or password. I just purchased a 3 device subscription from the Webroot site on my Windows 10 laptop, which is the first of 3 devices that is not letting me register or activate the software. Could someone please help.

Thank you for reading,

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @whiterabbit ,

Welcome to the community! 

Your best bet is to contact our SUPPORT TEAM  for assistance. Unfortunately, I don’t have the power to look into username issues like this. If you decide to send a support ticket, please allow up to 48 hours to receive a reply. Please reach out to me if you have any difficulty reaching support - I’ll help you out if this is the case!

-Keenan

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@whiterabbit I have investigated your issue and it seems like you were also affected by the problem discussed in this thread. This issue is now resolved and to summarise the thread there was an issue where a change in an internal system prevented users who already had a Webroot account from adding WiFi Security to their account.

The change that caused the issue was fixed last week and you should be able to add WiFi Security following the instructions in your email receipts (as you were trying to do before) and this should now work. Once this is done it should allow you to login and use WiFi Security.

Apologies for the inconvenience here, let me know if you have any further issues.