Is there a way to get Adguard to work with WiFi Security?

• 27 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I currently have WiFi Security on my Android Tablet and my Windows 10 laptop.

Everytime I use WiFi Security it pauses Adguards protection.

Anyone know how to get them to work together?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi basic

I am no expert but I believe that Adguard has it's own in-built VPN setup. And it is because of that, that you are having issues when trying to use WiFi Security...because generally/as a rule you cannot use 2 or more VPNs at same time.

Having said that I believe that there is a 'way' to use Adguard running under Android, in conjunction with some VPNs, but unfortunately you need to ROOT your device.

Now 'Rooting' is how one gains complete access to the whole the operating system, and those permissions allow you to change it. But...it is NOT for the faint hearted given that you need to know precisely what you are doing, otherwise you can 'brick' your device, and Rooting will automatically invalidate your warranty (the latter is a minor point compared to the first two).

Hence why I am saying "generally/as a rule you cannot use 2 or more VPNs at same time".

Some will disagree with me, and say that Rooting is simple/their are applications that make it simple, etc., but I am sticking to my guns and advise real caution before heading int hat direction unless one really know what one is doing.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick