Solved

Is Webroot Customer Support Hopelessly Broken?!?

• 15 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Is Webroot Customer Support hopelessly broken?!?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 15 December 2022, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ScottABarton 

Why would you say that? Have you contacted Webroot Support? We need more info.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-home

Thanks,

When I first tried Webroot WiFi Security, it never worked as advertised - no response ever from Customer Support. Yesterday, I was crazy enough to try again - stupid move on my part as it still doesn’t work (WIN 11 Pro). I requested a refund - no response. I got snarky thinking that someone might find it funny and respond - NOTHING. I have been a Webroot customer for years and years. I am ready to walk away and never come back, but I would like a refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

When I first tried Webroot WiFi Security, it never worked as advertised - no response ever from Customer Support. Yesterday, I was crazy enough to try again - stupid move on my part as it still doesn’t work (WIN 11 Pro). I requested a refund - no response. I got snarky thinking that someone might find it funny and respond - NOTHING. I have been a Webroot customer for years and years. I am ready to walk away and never come back, but I would like a refund.

Sorry your having issues, Did you Submit a Support Ticket? If you did it could take 48 hours or more it depends how busy they are.

And use this link as it goes the the Wi-Fi Support Staff: https://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?source=webrootwifisecurity

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

And support phone numbers around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

If you want a Refund in the end contact Webroot Sales by email or phone.

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

Thanks,

I appreciate your kind response that it could take 48 plus hours to respond which indicates to me that Customer Support is very short-staffed and under paid, right? Please pardon my slight snarky response.

Support Ticket - yes, submitted, additional comments on the Support Ticket when there was no response, yes which probably moved it to the bottom of the queue if I understand you correctly.

So, last-in, first-out on them answering Support Tickets in the queue - interesting way of thinking that the company is maintaining my current and future business.

Thanks!

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

No worries most people don’t know when you add more info to the Ticket it puts back to the bottom. They will get back to you and in most cases with the Wi-Fi product it’s a back-end issue so there the best to help you!

Thanks and take care,

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I appreciate your kind response that it could take 48 plus hours to respond which indicates to me that Customer Support is very short-staffed and under paid, right? Please pardon my slight snarky response.

Support Ticket - yes, submitted, additional comments on the Support Ticket when there was no response, yes which probably moved it to the bottom of the queue if I understand you correctly.

So, last-in, first-out on them answering Support Tickets in the queue - interesting way of thinking that the company is maintaining my current and future business.

Thanks!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Prioritizing the support ticket queue with the oldest unanswered response is industry standard. If you would like a dedicated support rep to solve your problem right now you can always call our support number and we have a number of countries and time zone coverage. This is provided to you at no charge.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Let us know if we can help further 

I just submitted a refund requested support ticket for both purchases (e.g., long story of trying to get it to work) of Webroot WiFi Security - this ticket should be at the top of the queue.

I am also going to check to see when my Webroot SecureAnywhere subscription is done and turn off autorenew.

If enough of us walk away, maybe Webroot, et al, will get the hint on their lack of sufficient Customer Support. 

Have a very pleasant day and Season’s Greetings!

Scott

I was impressed that using the phone number is only good for a computerized answering system - no real people apparently to answer the phone.

I do appreciate the email address as I am so done with Webroot and I will be sure to tell my friends and associates that Webroot is no longer the company/product that it used to be.

Regards,

Scott

124 days and the divorce with Webroot will be finalized - auto-renew gone on my Webroot products.

Regards,

Scott

Soon to be former long-term customer

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @ScottABarton 

I used the email you signed up with here to look you up in our ticketing system and I see no tickets submitted. If you used a different email please DM me so I can have you escalated. 

Thanks

I used the same Gmail email that I used to sign-up for this forum - I closed those tickets which I created since they didn’t appear to be going anywhere fast.

I figured that since Webroot was now such a bad taste in my mouth figuratively, I wasn’t going to wait for a Webroot response that might never come. If my tickets didn’t show, something might be broken in your system; at least as far as my submissions were concerned. Oh well...

NOTE:  Webroot didn’t like my email submission for my refund request. They did promptly send me the online link which I filled out.

Once I verify my refunds in 3-5 business days, I am going to try Express VPN and when my Secure Anywhere subscription runs out next year, I will use one of your competitors’ products and never look back.

I do really appreciate your assistance today and wish the outcome would have been different.

Seasons Greetings!

Regards,

Scott