Lala Land

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

WebRoot VPN is very squirrely.  I would like to know if anyone else has the same issue.  My laptop usually updates late in the evening, automatically, if I don’t do this manually.  Windows saves everything and when I bring it back up the VPN keeps trying to connect.  The last time this happened I called tech support and they told me I needed to manually shut the computer down and start it over again.  I find this to be problematic as I run many applications and web sites at the same time and doing this is very time consuming.  After I did this VPN still did not connect and I had to uninstall and reinstall to get this to work properly.  It has done this again and if there is an alternative method I would sure appreciate the insight.  I will strongly reconsider another VPN recommendations.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Thanks for the input.   I have reinstalled and enabled the kill switch.   We'll see how that works.   I do like this program,  just don't want to have to go through all this for it to work. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Note: I have been using this since the month it was offered so I have lived though the growing pains, but am satisfied with this VPN.  Also have Kill Switch enabled so I immediately know when the VPN has dropped and is trying to reconnect.

If it's trying to reconnect and never does, try manually stopping the reconnect process (the x to right of “Reconnecting”)  and then click “Connect.”   A bit annoying but a very quick couple of clicks to get back online.  I never have to reboot to reconnect the VPN unless my wifi adaptor has stopped responding which is rare.