Hello. I'm using an Orbi RBK 53 mesh router for my home WiFi. Multiple Windows PCs, iOS mobile devices, smart TV, and other IoT devices are attached by either ethernet or Wifi connection. Some questions.
1) ls Webroot Wifi Security VPN completely compatible with the Orbi Mesh system when the Webroot VPN app is installed on PCs and mobile devices attached to the Internet through the Orbi router?
2) Can Webroot WiFi Security VPN be installed on the router system to protect devices attached to the Internet through the Orbi mesh router, when the devices do not themselves have the Webroot VPN app installed on them?
3) Does Webroot WiFi Security VPN have the ability to designated or purchase a dedicated IPN address for a VPN server?
4) Does the Webroot WiFi VPN use OpenVPN?
Thanks or any help you can provide.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
For clarity - the VPN "dial-home" functionality of the Orbi router is entirely independent of that provided by Webroot WiFi Security.
2) Unfortunately this is not supported at present - Webroot WiFi Security is a client application and as such will need to be installed on each of your Android, Mac, iOS or Windows devices if you wish to protect them. The primary use case is when are outside the home and connected to an untrusted network (such as one in a coffee shop or hotel), although there is unlimited usage so you can and people do use it all the time at home if they require additional privacy.
3) I assume that you mean IP address. I don't believe it is possible but I will confirm this during working hours. Given the purpose is privacy as well as security, and a single static IP address can be tracked more easily than dynamic addresses (potentially in multiple countries), it isn't something I'd expect to be on our roadmap in the near future.
4) I don't believe it does under the hood - I am almost certain of it - but will confirm this for when I have had a chance to check during the working week.