Shocking support for this product

• 30 December 2018
  • 3 replies

As I was pleased with Webroot Secure anywhere, I decided to buy this Secure WIFI.  I paid for an annual subscription but I don't like automatic renewal.  Call me old-fashioned but I like to decide what I spend my money on and when.  To cancel atomatic subscription I had to send an email. To be frank, I'm not entirely confident that they won't just take money out of my account come the allotted time.  That seems to be sooner than expected as it is linked to my SecureAnywhere account which expires in a month.  I got a message saying it Secure Wifi will expire but I can click a button to agree that it will auto renew.  I paid a year and I get a month.  Will I auto renew.  No way.  

The whole website is designed to bamboozle you.  I clicked on 'support ticket'and it asked me to sign on but it just goes to my product overview.  I found my way back to support and it asked me to sign on again!! Why do these tech companies have so little faith in their product that they have to con you into continue buying?  Is there an easy way out?  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@ This certainly doesn't sound right and I apologise for the confusion here.

The SecureAnywhere account and credentials are shared between products but that doesn't mean if another product, say Internet Security Plus, expires that you will lose access to WiFi Security. There was simply a decision that it would be easier and less frustrating for users to remember one set of account details, rather than a different one for each of our products.

It should be possible to see the remaining term in the various WiFi Security apps. If you can't find this then feel free to Direct Message (DM) me your email address and I'll reply with your expiration date for WiFi Security (or email if you prefer).

I will feed back about the auto-renew message and the confusing experience attempting to raise a support ticket and hopefully both of these can be made clearer.

Apologies once again with all this confusion, I hope that we can continue to please you with the product going forward.
Badge +1
THIS IS MR. NAVARRO
THIS MORNING I GOT A MESSAGE THAN MY SUBCRIPTION SPIRED 2 MONTH AGO?
BUT I AN SURE THAT I RENEWED IT, PLEASE CHECK MY FILES AND LET ME KNOW,
THANK YOU [email address removed]

Moderator's note: Removed PII left the the user in this message.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@NAVARRO I have removed the details you left in your post as this is a public community which is open to other Webroot customers amongst others.

I have asked our Support team to look into your query.