Solved

Unable to connect my VPN

• 2 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

When I try to sign in to my WiFi Security VPN. I get an error response telling me to check my credentials, and to verify my account. It’s all ready been verified. I don’t know how to get connected. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 12 April 2020, 19:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Apologies for the inconvenience here. It does appear that your account is successfully verified. As far as I can tell your account is correctly set up.

I have resynced your license, can you try again and see if that helps?

If not you might want to try clearing application data (or just uninstall and reinstall the app) and trying to log on again.

Please can you let me know how you get on and I will escalate this if required.

Badge +3

No worries. I changed some of the permissions, and the credential and verification error message went away. However, the VPN is still not working. It just churns. I’m on a public WiFi. Do I need to disconnect from that to make it work? In Network Settings; I never know if I should select public or private discovery. Also, when I click on settings for the VPN window; and select the connections tab, it will not let me apply Automatic Wifi Security, it is the first option in that tab. Just won’t save.   Thank you, D-

Badge +1

how to reinstall?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

how to reinstall?

Hello @therealtiMMalleN 

On what device? For Windows you can download here: https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/webrootwifisecurity.exe

New Webroot® WiFi Security

Public WiFi is convenient and available everywhere, but it isn’t secure. You need a virtual private network (VPN) to protect your online life from cybercriminals and others who use public WiFi to spread malware, steal your personal information, and spy on your activity online.

Unity API

WiFi Security

• Automatic protection over any network, even unsecured WiFi
  • Safe and secure browsing to protect your identity and privacy online
  • Advanced web-filtering to protect you from malicious or risky websites*

* Only available on Windows®, Mac®, and Android™ systems

Thanks,