I understand from a business standpoint why a VPN is useful. As a home user, I was interested in keeping my data private.
I've had Wifi Security for about 3 days now and have been trying out a few things on it. I am not interested in doing anything illegal with it or violating copyright laws. After the first hour of being connected to the default server of Mexico:
1) Facebook wants me to verify my identity because it sees me logged in somewhere else
2) Microsoft wants me to verify my identity because it sees me logged in somewhere else
3) My bank warns me that I'm logged in somewhere else and wants to make sure it's ok
4) Netflix warns me that I'm logged in from a different country and then warns me that I'm violating terms of service if I'm logged in through a VPN)
5) Apple warns me about the same thing
So...if I'm not doing anything illegal or trying to violate copyright laws, is being threatened to remove my Netflix account and Apple account and having to verify my identity often worth trying to keep my data private?