vpn wifi issues

• 4 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Unless something is installed incorrectly, which I’ve read numerous reviews similar to my issue, I wanted to see if I can return the VPN package I purchased. I’ve tested it for 2 days now and it messes up on my phone and computer. I can’t use it if I wanted to because it slows my computer down so bad that almost nothing works, plus it hardly connects and stays connected. My school and job won’t allow it. I don’t think it’s any other issue considering the reviews I read. I wasn’t aware that Webroot is also new to this which explains it. When I run a speed test without being connected to the VPN my Mbps is always around 37, and when I’m connected it’s usually around 5 Mbps or lower 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@jerwin Unfortunately no-one on the Community forums can process a refund for you, you will need to contact our Support team who will be able to deal with your request.

You can do this by clicking on the “To Customer Support” link at the top of the page or “Customer Support” link at the bottom.

I am very unhappy with the VPN. It slows my computer, interferes with email download, interferes with print jobs so much that I have to run the troubleshooter just to print something, and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I have submitted several requests through the support line - no one gets in touch. I have left phone messages and no one calls back. Webroot’s tech support is one of the worst I’ve ever come across. I’ve left a message with their sales line that I want a refund - no one calls me back. I am telling Webroot here now that I WILL NOT AUTO RENEW the VPN, and I want a full refund of my purchase price. If you don’t respond I will report you to the consumer affairs bureau and the better business bureau and anyone else I can think of that you are are disreputable company. Your VPN DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY and messes up my computer. I am currently on hold with the sales line and IT”S NEVER ANSWERED.

Userlevel 7

I am very unhappy with the VPN. It slows my computer, interferes with email download, interferes with print jobs so much that I have to run the troubleshooter just to print something, and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I have submitted several requests through the support line - no one gets in touch. I have left phone messages and no one calls back. Webroot’s tech support is one of the worst I’ve ever come across. I’ve left a message with their sales line that I want a refund - no one calls me back. I am telling Webroot here now that I WILL NOT AUTO RENEW the VPN, and I want a full refund of my purchase price. If you don’t respond I will report you to the consumer affairs bureau and the better business bureau and anyone else I can think of that you are are disreputable company. Your VPN DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY and messes up my computer. I am currently on hold with the sales line and IT”S NEVER ANSWERED.

Sorry you are having problems @Jnotech 

Let me ping our Webroot employees @freydrew  @khumphrey 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Jnotech ,

If you want a refund, please reach out to the following contact:

wr-customersales@opentext.com

1-866-612-4227

That’s going to be your most direct line to the appropriate team.