Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?

• 3 November 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Everytime I connect with the Wifi Product on Windows 7 I get the EULA agreement before I can connect. Is there a way to dismiss the EULA and get the Wifi Product to connect automatically when  Wifi is available? 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry,

The way it was explained to me was that when we download Apple app, it is a different from the PC download (I have Microsoft Windows 7). If you remember you had to download the Apple App and then the PC App. At least that is what was in my instructions..

The PC  App has features the Apple App doesn’t have such as asking are you connecting to Home, Office or Public wifi before connecting to the VPN.

The Apple App just connects to the VPN because of the way the App is structured.

I know that in order for Apple to approve an App it has to conform with Apple’s requirements. Apple is very protective which is a good thing and I pretty much trust Apple.

Best regards,
GerardJC
Hi Gerard,

I did Beta Test the iOS when it first came out. So I do remember installing the WiFi VPN first before the release of the PC version.

Thank you for the information given. Much appreciated. The Apple is  very protective and you're right it is a good thing. I'm going to refresh my memory and install the WiFi on my iOS today to see what changes if any have been made. :)

Cheers,
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Sherry,

The way it was explained to me was that when we download Apple app, it is a different from the PC download (I have Microsoft Windows 7). If you remember you had to download the Apple App and then the PC App. At least that is what was in my instructions..

The PC  App has features the Apple App doesn’t have such as asking are you connecting to Home, Office or Public wifi before connecting to the VPN.

The Apple App just connects to the VPN because of the way the App is structured.

I know that in order for Apple to approve an App it has to conform with Apple’s requirements. Apple is very protective which is a good thing and I pretty much trust Apple.

Best regards,
GerardJC
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I was getting those pop-ups and clicked on OK, but stopped getting them after a while. I did use the VPN last week a couple of times and they have still not returned.
The point is, with me they became a pain but I persevered until it stopped appearing but I do not know if that would work for everyone.
Thanks Jasper for that information. But the popups of the EULA have to be checked all the time for me upon startup. So you are fortunate that yours does not return. Odd?:8
Mine were like yours but they did stop although if yours are still going after all this time there must be soemthing wrong surely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I was getting those pop-ups and clicked on OK, but stopped getting them after a while. I did use the VPN last week a couple of times and they have still not returned.
The point is, with me they became a pain but I persevered until it stopped appearing but I do not know if that would work for everyone.
Thanks Jasper for that information. But the popups of the EULA have to be checked all the time for me upon startup. So you are fortunate that yours does not return. Odd?:8
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I guess what I meant, Sherry, was that by agreeing to the EULA each time (i only get it not he PC products) that it was OK to do that. I only get that on the PC version, the Apple version, he tells me, is a different product. Although when you purchase the overall product (purchased the 5 device one) you get both both downloads. One for IOS and the other for PC if you need it. There are also more options on the PC version.

I don’t seem to get the repeating EULAs on the Apple version.

Best regards,
GerardJC
Good morning Gerard, 

Thank you for explaining that. I have the 5 devices for the WiFi as well. I am not sure if I understand what you mean by different versions? I have the WiFi VPN Mobile version, (1.0.3.70). Which does not show me the EULA upon start up. My Mac and PC,  continuously get popups of the EULA upon all startups. I have not connected my other 2 devices as of yet. I have an iOS and another PC to install the VPN on.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I guess what I meant, Sherry, was that by agreeing to the EULA each time (i only get it not he PC products) that it was OK to do that. I only get that on the PC version, the Apple version, he tells me, is a different product. Although when you purchase the overall product (purchased the 5 device one) you get both both downloads. One for IOS and the other for PC if you need it. There are also more options on the PC version.

I don’t seem to get the repeating EULAs on the Apple version.

Best regards,
GerardJC
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.
Sounds like it could get to be a PITA after awhile. ;)
You're exactly right PTD. It is a PITA now. Not to mention If you start WiFi minimized upon startup I tend to forget I have to manually click the prompts by opening up the WiFi and clicking the boxes to start the WiFi. It's not hard its just extra steps that I personally feel could be adjusted. Of course support said it doesn't hurt anything? What is that? LOL
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.
Sounds like it could get to be a PITA after awhile. ;)
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I talked with Support yesterday for login problems and that was solved but I also brought up the EULA agreement popping up all the time on my PC product. He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.

Best regards,
GerardJC 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Everytime I connect with the Wifi Product on Windows 7 I get the EULA agreement before I can connect. Is there a way to dismiss the EULA and get the Wifi Product to connect automatically when  Wifi is available? 
I certainly agree with you about this annoyance, that everytime you turn on your computer one has to go through these steps in order to connect.
 It would be nice to Auto Connect or at least eliminate that EULA popup all the time. I dont understand that purpose of continually checking this box.. ?