Solved

WiFi Security

• 15 March 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I added WiFi Security to my PC's on my home network. While Wifi Security is active, I'm unable to print. Can you help with this.
icon

Best answer by pstonethompson 18 March 2019, 11:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Is the printer a network printer or one you connect to wirelessly?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Wireless on my home network
Hello @akinowski ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I had a similar issue when running Webroot WiFi Security on my PC with my HP wireless printer. I reinstalled the printer software, including re-doing the wireless settings, and that took care of the problem for me. Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Thanks for the possible fix. We'll see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Hi akinowski

Welcome to the Community Forums.

How is your printer connected to your system? By WiFi or USB?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Sounds like it's wireless based on his previous comment.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
As WiFi Security is designed to isolate computers on untrusted WiFi networks (such as those at coffee shops, hospitals and public buildings) it is possible that you will have to temporarily disconnect a device from WiFi Security in order to print to a wireless printer. WiFi Security creates a secure tunnel for all of your traffic via our VPN endpoints. In that respect I am not entirely surprised that you have been isolated from your printer.

I will try and find out from the app team if it possible to exclude local connections on whitelisted networks. Another possible solution, albeit a workaround, would simply be to print using USB cable if you wish to remain connected continuously to WiFi Security.

In the mean time you may wish to reach out to our excellent Support Team if the driver reinstall didn't do the trick as they would be happy to help you try and resolve this.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Thanks for your help. Hopefully when I'm on the road for business Webroot will have a fix for me sending my print jobs to my office printer.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
The app team have fed back to me- printing on a local network should work whilst connected to WiFi Security. Their feeling is that this might be related to the Kill Switch. Please try disabling the Kill Switch, connect to WiFi Security and try and print. If it works in this configuration try again with Kill Switch toggled back on.

If the issue returns then please contact Support. Sending them the netfilter.access.log and service.log log files would also be incredibly helpful. It would also be good to know if the printer is on a local IP address or not.