Wifi Security Can't Login

• 14 December 2019
  • 12 replies

Badge +3

I can’t login to Webroot Wifi Security.  When I try, I get the message “Wifi Security can’t connect.  Please check your internet connection and try again”.  There is no internet connection issue - I am posting this with the internet connection that I have.

I have never had an issue logging in until I recently extended my subscription for 1 year.  When calling in, I was told that my subscription has been extended on my current e-mail account, but I have no way of seeing whether that has happened - my Webroot Secure Anywhere account tells me I have a number of days remaining, but my Wifi Security account says nothing about a current subscription or how long it has to go (though I renewed to December 2020).

Not sure why it’s so hard to extend a subscription or get a solution to this.  I understand things go wrong sometimes, but I would expect this kind of issue to be solved fairly promptly after having paid for the service.  If it’s not, then I’ll be moving to another product sadly, as it has been a great experience up to now.

Any ideas for fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated 

12 replies

Badge +1

I tried to log in today (using USA East, USA West and United Kingdom) and cannot log in. I receive a message of connection failure. Some days I can log in with no problem and others I must go to an alternative site to log in. I generally use USA East. The issue is not an internet connection at my end or you would not have received this message. I do use Webroot Secure Anywhere along with the Webroot WiFi Security. 

Look forward to your comments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

My sefl i renew my Subscription from a store bought CD and just use the Keycode, this may have minor problems but nothing i cant take care of or get help from support or the community, you guys rock, and always put my faith in Webroot Anywhere Complete! Best ever!

Have a great week end yall!

Slittle75

Badge +1

I can’t login to Webroot Wifi Security.  When I try, I get the message “Wifi Security can’t connect.  Please check your internet connection and try again”.  There is no internet connection issue - I am posting this with the internet connection that I have.

I have never had an issue logging in until I recently extended my subscription for 1 year.  When calling in, I was told that my subscription has been extended on my current e-mail account, but I have no way of seeing whether that has happened - my Webroot Secure Anywhere account tells me I have a number of days remaining, but my Wifi Security account says nothing about a current subscription or how long it has to go (though I renewed to December 2020).

Not sure why it’s so hard to extend a subscription or get a solution to this.  I understand things go wrong sometimes, but I would expect this kind of issue to be solved fairly promptly after having paid for the service.  If it’s not, then I’ll be moving to another product sadly, as it has been a great experience up to now.

Any ideas for fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated 

WiFi Security restricts the number of login attempts. as the subscription is not extended , you must call customer care and ask for the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I’ll happily take credit for doing nothing. I will however reach out to our Support team and see if they have been aware of any issues or can see anything logged at their end which might explain what has been going on.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Badge +3

It just started working again…. the error said to check my internet…… but’s it’s working now. Magic, huh?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@drednm What is happening when you try to login? Is it showing incorrect username/password or another error?

Badge +3

They worked yesterday.

Today they don’t work. I’ve used them every day since I purchased.  I have this downloaded on two computers. Neither one works today.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@drednm There have been specific issues where users purchased WiFi Security using an App Store, then chosen to renew direct with us. As the app store license was no longer valid, and the user had originally been using that license type, login was failing. Should the app handle that case better? Absolutely. Did a temporary workaround of wiping the local app data and logging on afresh make sense in that specific case - yes.

I can see both from our logs and your license that you were able to login on Windows computers on the 24th December and the 12th January (UTC time, I don’t know which time zone you are actually located in). Is this the computers that you were referring to? Did these work initially and don’t work any more? Did they ever work? I cannot see any failed login attempts for either your account or the IP address you logged on using on those occasions.

Badge +3

SAME ISSUE ON TWO COMPUTERS……. Your response of “ If this doesn’t work you might want to log off from the app, clear app data and then log on again” makes no sense to me when the issue is not the internet, and not my computer. It’s on your end. There’s something wrong with WEBROOT WIFI SECURITY.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I am glad you were able to get it sorted, thanks for feeding back.

Badge +3

Thanks for the reply

For some reason, a few days after my post I was able to log in again. I had been trying daily to log in, and it just started letting me log in again after a few days.

i can’t say what it was from my side. I tried reinstalling the app on the first day the issue arose. Other than that, I did nothing but try to log in again the following days until it worked.

Anyway, happy to see everything up and running again and thanks for anything you did on your side to fix the issue.

Cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@PaoloT85  Apologies for the inconvenice here. I can see a number of successful login events for your account, and it doesn’t seem that there are any account issues - everything looks good at our end. The license for WiFi Security has almost a year left on it, and I have resynced the license to make sure that the app picks up the new expiration date.

If this doesn’t work you might want to log off from the app, clear app data and then log on again. There seem to be a number of customers with similar issues post-renewal and this seems to have helped some of them.

I have raised the problem with our ECommerce and app teams to ask them to investigate and will feed back as I have any news.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience this may have caused you.