Solved

Wifi Security not connecting says connection failure.

• 1 December 2019
  • 32 replies

Badge +1

After installing the WIFI security, it tries to connect to the automatic location and it fails every time.  Can someone please help me with this?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 August 2020, 19:17

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @jtimmer150 Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

I have moved your post to the Webroot WiFi Security Sub Forum so the the WiFi Dev @pstonethompson will be able to help you with your problem.

Dave.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@jtimmer150 Apologies for the inconvenience here, I imagine this is very frustrating.

I cannot see anything obvious in the logs indicating a failed account registration or license creation. There have been several successful logins. I have resynced your license just in case. If this hasn’t resolved the issue please contact our excellent Support team via the link at the top of the page who would be pleased to help troubleshoot this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I’m having the same problem.  I used to connect fairly quickly, then the connection time increased substantially and now it fails repeatedly.

daveharney

Badge +1

I’m also having this problem.  Two days ago it started bring up the can’t connect and when I closed that it worked.  Today it isn’t working at all.

Badge +1

Me too.  On both my smart phone and my laptop.  started on my phone yesterday and later happened on my laptop.  I have raised a ticket with the support team, they have not replied - telephone support does not work outside office hours which seems poor for a service which should work 24/7.

My subscription is due to renew automatically soon but I am considering cancelling it and moving to a more reliable service.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I started having problems a few days ago with wi fi security. When logging in to wi fi security, I just get thrown back to original page of sign in, my details are still in spaces, but no twirly wheel.?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@light_hse I can see that you have many successful login attempts over the last thirty days, so from the point of the user management system it seems to be working fine. In the same system I can see no errors for your user or originating from the IP addresses the login attempts came from.

The license looks good as well, plenty of time left. I have resynced the license in case that sorts out your problem and that’s about the extent of what I can do (I am a developer who deals with user management and not the specific systems used by WiFi Security).

If it doesn’t work now you could try logging out and clearing app data, otherwise you will need to contact our support team.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Badge +1

I finally went in and took it off all my computers and then slowly reinstalled one computer at a time.  It seems to be working now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Likewise @spow from the user account point of view I am seeing lots of successful login attempts and no obvious errors. I have also resynced your license. Clearing app data may be worthwhile but as I see you have two devices it seems less likely that will be helpful.

If this doesn’t work unfortunately I will need to leave it with our Support team as I have reached the limit of what I can do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@daveharney I have resynced your license but based on cvprotz’s experience you might want to log off and then clear your app data before logging on again.

I apologise for the inconvenience and will feed back the experiences of this thread to the app team.

Badge +1

It came back in Sunday on my phone and Monday on my laptop.  I have had an email from Webroot support today but it doesn’t seem to direct me to any message so I am not sure whether they fixed it prior to you resyncing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The other day the connection was quick - now this again,

Where do I clear the app data on a PC with Windows 10?  I only see uninstall?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

In the case of a computer rather than mobile app please uninstall the application and download the latest installer from the locations listed at https://community.webroot.com/getting-started-91/download-locations-for-webroot-wifi-security-332117

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Reinstalled desktop - neither of my Dell Win 10 desktop computers will connect.  My Dell laptop connects - at least at this moment - did not reinstall the laptop.

Desktops are direct cable connection to a router and  then cable modem.  Lap top is wifi connect to the same router.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Problem continues - however, if I let the connection attempt fail (times out) and then retry a couple of times, it usually connects - eventually.  Obviously something is wrong.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Problem continues.  Software installed on my computers probably has nothing to do with the issue.  It seems it’s all about the servers this software connects to - apparently overloaded or faulty in some way.

I don’t stay connected to the VPN all the time as the connection is so slow.  When I feel I need VPN security I try to connect.  Eventually it will connect but sometimes takes several tries and lots of wasted time.

This service is clearly not ready for prime time.

Badge +1

Hello, I am unable to connect to the automatic location and it fails every time.  Normally it connects automatically with no issues.  More recently, it has been intermittent.  Earlier today it was fine but now it won’t connect at all.  I have rebooted my computer, logged out and back in to the application with no luck. Can someone please help me with this?

Was something changed recently?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I wish someone from Webroot would shed some light on this issue as my subscription is expiring and I’d like some reassurance that this problem is recognized and being addressed.  I’m reluctant to spend $80 on something that only works part of the time.

I think the service is a good idea but waiting 15 minutes to connect isn’t very workable.

Badge +1

I am having the same problem that many of the others are having. I am hoping that some one can help me please.   Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @caw692 and @daveharney 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I find when Webroot WiFi Security isn’t connecting or if there is a huge delay. I find changing the location to something other then Automatic. I change to Russia or another country or somewhere else of your choice and then the WiFi will connect.

If you are still having this issue then my advice would be to Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge and they can assist you in resolving this connection problem.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thanks for the comment Sherry.  However, I’ve tried changing  options like location and it didn’t help.  It just seems to be the “luck of the draw” as to whether it takes 10 seconds or 10 minutes to connect.  Changing locations might help in some cases just because you hit it at the right time.

I don’t see how a support ticket will help - this isn’t a problem on my end.  Hopefully, someone in support is aware of this problem an is trying to get better service from the servers used for this system.

Very reluctantly, I just renewed by license as I do need VPN ability at various times.  However, I won’t renew next year if this problem persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hi daveharney,

Thank you for your response...and you're most welcome...

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't have a real solution. If you renewed just recently you can ask for a refund (after days from purchasing. I believe,  not positive). and try another VPN that's more functional to your needs. It is upsetting for those who have purchased this product and there doesn't seem to be much help available. Therefore I cannot resolve this issue, unfortunately. It just seems Webroot has let the ball down since selling out the company twice.

Maybe @freydrew can advise here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi @daveharney , 

If there’s nothing else that Support or we can do, you can look into getting a refund here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/online-refund

Of course Support can also help you over the phone/ticket/email with this as well if there are any additional questions that come up. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hi @daveharney , 

If there’s nothing else that Support or we can do, you can look into getting a refund here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/online-refund

Of course Support can also help you over the phone/ticket/email with this as well if there are any additional questions that come up. 

Thanks

Thanks again Drew!

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

You’re welcome, Sherry!