Solved

Wifi Security not connecting says connection failure.

• 1 December 2019
  • 32 replies

Badge +1

After installing the WIFI security, it tries to connect to the automatic location and it fails every time.  Can someone please help me with this?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 8 August 2020, 19:17

View original

32 replies

Badge +1

After installing the WIFI security, it tries to connect to the automatic location and it fails every time.  Can someone please help me with this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Weasel Apologies for the inconvenience here. It looks like your account is successfully set up but your license doesn’t have any devices listed on it, so it seems it may not have registered correctly when you signed in. I have forced logout for WiFi Security on your account and resynced your license. Can you try and log back in and see if it then lets you connect?

Please let me know how you get on.

Badge +3

WIFI Logs in and now it won’t connect to anything.  This is on TWO different computers. IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO ANY LOCATION.  What a terrible product!

Badge +3

WIFI WILL NOT CONNECT TO ANYTHING….. TERRIBLE PRODUCT

I have the same problem, and have gotten only lame responses from Webroot.  Thinking about asking for a refund

Userlevel 7

I have the same problem, and have gotten only lame responses from Webroot.  Thinking about asking for a refund

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/online-refund

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I’ve been using this product for some time now - it’s very annoying to say the least.  Most of the time, the first connection to the webroot servers is fairly prompt - but not always.  The real problem is then trying to connect to the website I’m trying to reach.

Sometimes, my target site comes up quickly, but most of the time it takes 5 minutes or so to get a useable connection - and then the site I’m trying to reach is often slowed down substantially.

The way I connect to the target website is to first try reloading 3 or 4 times and if that fails to go back to the webroot WIFI dialog and disconnect- reconnect - reload again, rinse and repeat.  Sometimes I just give up as I can’t afford that much wasted time. 

I only use this WIFI service for very limited purposes - there is no way it’s useable as a general internet connection.  Obviously, the Webroot servers are way over subscribed and over loaded.  It’s a shame they are tarnishing their reputation with this lousy product - as otherwise I’ve been a customer for years and I really like Webroot.