Solved

Wifi security not connecting to automatic location

• 18 July 2021
  • 7 replies

The Webroot Wifi Security attempt to connect to automatic location is just spinning.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 July 2021, 17:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @harrison3814 

Try a reboot of the system and try again and if you continue to have issues please contact Webroot Support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have had same problem.What I do is just wait until next day,then it's fine. But you can always go to Webroot Support.

WIFI Security does not connect to location.  It says “Connect” OR “Connecting” but it never does.  I have tried everything - cleared cache, re-downloaded and re-installed, submitted ticket(s).  On my PC, it might say its connecting OR connection failure - and when clicking on the troubleshooting/guide screen at the top, if I click on it, it disappears.  YET, when I move my mouse over the webroot WIFI icon, it says WIFI Security, but I’m never sure IF its turned on or off!  On cell phone, it SPINS FOR DAYS but never connects...I am very frustrated with the service. 
There has been RARE times that it appears to be working, but those times are far & few in between.  I paid separate for WIFI security and PC….and have been bounced back & forth between these two subscriptions, to the point I don’t have a CLUE!!!

I have the same issue. Kinda useless to be paying for a VPN that doesn’t work.

Webroot’s other stuff is great, this seems odd because they aren’t dummies

I had the same problem.  Started a support ticket.  Although they tried several times to fix I was advised it was a bug in their program and they gave me a refund even after the seven day grace period.  I’m an old man and been a customer of Webroot for years.  Each time I’ve had a problem I call and it gets fixed.  Support has always been timely, courteous and professional. 

WIFI Security does not connect to location.  It says “Connect” OR “Connecting” but it never does.  I have tried everything - cleared cache, re-downloaded and re-installed, submitted ticket(s).  On my PC, it might say its connecting OR connection failure - and when clicking on the troubleshooting/guide screen at the top, if I click on it, it disappears.  YET, when I move my mouse over the webroot WIFI icon, it says WIFI Security, but I’m never sure IF its turned on or off!  On cell phone, it SPINS FOR DAYS but never connects...I am very frustrated with the service. 
There has been RARE times that it appears to be working, but those times are far & few in between.  I paid separate for WIFI security and PC….and have been bounced back & forth between these two subscriptions, to the point I don’t have a CLUE!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sueE 

If your having issues with Wi-Fi VPN it’s best to contact Webroot Support Directly!

Try a reboot of the system and try again and if you continue to have issues please contact Webroot Support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

Thanks,