Solved

Wifi Security VPN not connecting

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello'

This morning it seems that my Wifi on my Android will not connect at all. This worked perfectly yesterday and before that. Stays on this screen and I've tried connecting to other places but same thing. Please advise. My Android has been rebooted.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 July 2021, 19:57

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
What's happening when you try to connect Sheri? Is it just spinning then failing? Or does it appear not to be doing anything at all? I am not sure which of the two screens you posted it is staying on.

Is anyone else having problems? I can connect on Android without issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry I'm not being very clear. ...when I hit connect the spinning circle spins for a split second at connecting and then goes right back to Connect. I'm connecting fine on my PC without issues. Now I have trouble with my IOS iPad. I edited my first post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@pstonethompson '

This screen shows for split second then goes right back to the first screen in my first post CONNECT.

Userlevel 7
I haven't used my complimentary license since beta testing ended late last year. Just saying. 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I haven't used my complimentary license since beta testing ended late last year. Just saying. 😁

@Tarnak ..no risk..no gain..😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I haven't used my complimentary license since beta testing ended late last year. Just saying. 😁@Tarnak ..no risk..no gain..😂

I still have mine installed but only when I need to use it. 🤑
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I still have mine installed but only when I need to use it. 🤑

That is the same with me Daniel.
Userlevel 7

@Ssherjj

I have it running, and it is working fine. My version is 1.05. I don't know if that is the latest version. Not worried since I hardly ever use my smartphone for any web browsing.
🤣
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@Ssherjj

I have it running, and it is working fine. My version is 1.05. I don't know if that is the latest version. Not worried since I hardly ever use my smartphone for any web browsing.
🤣

Hi there Tarnak! Yes that is the latest version that I have as well. But I have submitted a Support Ticket because I cannot get the WiFi to work or connect. So I must have a dumb phone! I practically live on my phone and I need the Wifi Security. So hopefully support will get back to me by Monday. 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I haven't used my complimentary license since beta testing ended late last year. Just saying. 😁 @Tarnak ..no risk..no gain..😂
@Ssherjj I have it running, and it is working fine. My version is 1.05. I don't know if that is the latest version. Not worried since I hardly ever use my smartphone for any web browsing. 🤣
Hi there Tarnak! Yes that is the latest version that I have as well. But I have submitted a Support Ticket because I cannot get the WiFi to work or connect. So I must have a dumb phone! I practically live on my phone and I need the Wifi Security. So hopefully support will get back to me by Monday. 🤔

It's working fine here FYI! 😛
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Ssherjj Please can you Direct Message (DM) me the email address associated with your WiFi Security account and I will check our logs and your account status in our back end systems.

Apologies for not replying again on Friday afternoon, I was out of the office.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@Ssherjj Please can you Direct Message (DM) me the email address associated with your WiFi Security account and I will check our logs and your account status in our back end systems.

Apologies for not replying again on Friday afternoon, I was out of the office.

Thats quite alright. I appreciate your help. DM has been sent.

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@pstonethompson ,

I have heard back from Webroot Support. I'm not sure if I should follow their instructions or should I wait for you? Support sent me a link to leave the Beta program and install the live version. Do I have to leave the Beta for the stable version of Wifi Security?
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I was also going to ask you to leave the Beta program, I was in the process of typing a response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I was also going to ask you to leave the Beta program, I was in the process of typing a response.

Okay I'll follow their instructions then.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I have also replied to your message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
T
I have also replied to your message.

I just read your message. I am now connected on my Android device after following the instructions. Thank you again!😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@pstonethompson ,

Thank you for checking my logs in which you saw my iPad Wifi Security failed to sign in. Now my iPad is back to connecting once again! Sorry about that I was using the wrong password! Oops..
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I would like to post how my issue was resolved regarding my Android device and my iPad running the Wifi Security VPN.encase someone else has this problem.

@pstonethompson wrote:

"Given the timing of your issues I believe you might be using a beta version of the application and may not have left the program when the app was launched as generally available.

In the Play Store you should be able to do this by finding WiFi Security under the "Installed" applications list, clicking on it and scrolling to "You're a beta tester". Under that section you should press "Leave".

I will get some instructions from colleagues on the app team on how you can uninstall beta versions of the app from your iPad.

I am seeing some failed login request from the IP address you last logged in from using an iPad and a iPhone. Does your password contain anything other than the letters A-Z and a-z, numbers 0-9, and these special characters: !\"#$%&'()*+,-./:;=?@[\\]_{|}~

Also from Webroot Support response:

Please follow the instructions below.

First you will need to leave the Beta program by clicking here, then press “Leave the Program” and a confirmation page will appear.

Then clear the Webroot WiFi Security app’s cache:

1. Open your phone’s Settings, then tap on the Apps section
2. Scroll down, then tap on, the Webroot WiFi Security app
3. If provided the option to Force Stop, tap it
4. Tap on Storage
5. Tap on Clear Cache

Finally, to uninstall the Beta version:

1. Open the Google Play store
2. Tap the menu in the top left, then tap on My apps & games
3. Scroll down to Webroot WiFi Security then tap on it
4. Tap on Uninstall and tap OK

You should now be able to install the live version of Webroot WiFi Security, available here.

If you experience problems with any steps in this process please reply to this message so that we can assist you further.

Thank you,

The Webroot Support Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@Ssherjj we were told to do that when they Released the WiFi Security to everyone so I uninstalled the Beta at that time. And I clicked on “Leave the Program” so the only Beta I see on Google Play is Webroot's AV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel,

Thanks! Yes I thought I did leave the program but I must of not followed all the steps. I did leave the program with my iPad because I remember having issues with it in November and I submitted a support ticket then and their response was they were aware of the WiFi issues on the iPad and they would let me know when it is resolved. I didn't find out until February when Lucus replied to my support ticket saying there was an updated version to the WiFi and would I try again to reconnec. I must of messed up somehow when getting that WiFi Security for my Android by not leaving the Beta. Oh well..I get confused around here. LOL
Everything is running great now.😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@Ssherjj we were told to do that when they Released the WiFi Security to everyone so I uninstalled the Beta at that time. And I clicked on “Leave the Program” so the only Beta I see on Google Play is Webroot's AV.

I swear this is all I had listed in the Play Store as Beta..so I did something wrong which was I didn't "Leave the Program." Obviously..

Userlevel 7
I said a few days ago, that I wasn't having any problems. Now, I seem to have the problem @Ssherjj described above. I just get the 'rinse and repeat' on click on Connect>Connecting routine. Not to worry, I won't bother persevering in using WiFi Security VPN. I don't do much in using my smartphone for anything other than phone use. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Tarnak Do you know roughly when it stopped working? Which platform(s) is it not working on? Have you checked if you are still enrolled in the beta program?
Userlevel 7
@pstonethompson Probably, a day or so earlier than my post reporting the problem. I don't know if am still enrolled . I haven't see anything about any on going beta testing of WiFi Security VPN.