Solved

Wifi Security VPN not connecting

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello'

This morning it seems that my Wifi on my Android will not connect at all. This worked perfectly yesterday and before that. Stays on this screen and I've tried connecting to other places but same thing. Please advise. My Android has been rebooted.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 July 2021, 19:57

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@pstonethompson Probably, a day or so earlier than my post reporting the problem. I don't know if am still enrolled . I haven't see anything about any on going beta testing of WiFi Security VPN.
@Tarnak lets be more clear on this okay! WiFi Security what do you have it installed on and having issues with? PC, Mac, Android or iOS? Because this thread is about Android issues.

Thanks,
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
There is no public beta of the WiFi Security apps but I know a few people didn't leave at the end of the pre-release beta as requested. It may be worth checking and leaving if you are still enrolled. I will see if it is possible to remove non-internal testers from the beta program at this end.
Badge +3

WiFi Security will not connect to anything after I’ve logged in. Works on my other computer. Settings are all the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@drednm I have resynced your license. Can you try again and let me know how you get on?

Badge +3

@drednmI have resynced your license. Can you try again and let me know how you get on?

Still does not work and did not work yesterday.

Badge +3

WIFI Security works on one computer but only logs in on the other. It won’t connect to any location. It worked last this. This week it won’t work. Nothing has changed on the computer. And I pay for this?

Badge +1

If your VPN client isn't connecting, try opening a website without connecting through a VPN to see if your internet connection is working. If it's not, restart your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. If your internet is still down, it may be a problem at your ISP's end.

Wifi Security is not connecting on my Windows 10 laptop PC.

The “Connecting to automatic location” pop-up window opens and the little white thing spins around the American flag over and over and over forever.  That’s all.

I won’t be rebooting any router.  It’s not my router to reboot.  It’s public wifi, which is the whole reason I bought this product in the first place.

Wifi Security VPN simply would not connect, and then it said it could not authenticate, after I had already authenticated.  I humored it and went to reset my password, and it wouldn’t let me.  Enough.

Uninstalled.  Please give me a refund.  Thank you.

After getting help from Webroot customer support with this ongoing issue, Wifi Security VPN still does not connect and does not authenticate, rendering it useless.  I have to say this whole thing really does surprise me.  Webroot has been very solid in the past.

I’ve canceled my subscription to Wifi Security VPN and uninstalled it again.

On what grounds am I not entitled to a full refund of the purchase price?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@coolbreeze1  contact Webroot Sales for a refund.

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089