What's New at Carbonite + Webroot: March, 2022
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1098 replies

Web Threat Shield

What is being released?

Web Threat Shield extensions to Firefox, Edge, Chrome 2.0.22053.1 to provide:

• Improved information and new OpenText branding on extension settings page (see screenshot below)
  • Enhanced telemetry
  • Dynamic Real-Time Anti-Phishing for standalone mode

New logo looking fresh

Webroot Security Awareness Training

March brings a veritable bevvy of valuable content to WSAT, including courses from Webroot, Awaretrain (all languages) and NINJIO as well as phishing assets for recent transaction fraud scams for Visa, Amex, Venmo, and ANZ Bank.

What is being released?

• Multi-course campaigns. Building on the previous Training Portal release, the new multi-campaign feature enables training administrators to easily send of up to 10 training courses in a single training campaign. As part of the new feature, the Campaign Summary Report format has been improved to reflect the multi-course campaign completion event, and more improvements are on the way.
  • BEC - You Never Call… (ANIME STYLE) course from NINJIO (preview)
  • Data Privacy - Managing Cybersecurity & Privacy Risks course from Webroot (preview)
  • Password managers course (all languages) from Awaretrain  (French preview)
  • Data Privacy - Cybersecurity-Related Privacy Events from Webroot (preview)
  • Vishing from Awaretrain (preview)
  • Malware – Attack of the Apps from NINJIO (preview)
  • 2 lure pages for OneNote and gov.uk
  • 14 email phishing templates from recent brand impersonation attacks on Visa, Amex, Venmo, and ANZ Bank
  • Improved mobile/responsive settings for all SAP/Litmos catalog

ConnectWise Automate Plugin Version 3.2.1.244

This maintenance release resolves an issue with MySQL 8.0  

What is being released?

• The normal distribution for this plugin is via the ConnectWise Solution Center, however, a full version, with dependencies can be downloaded here
  • Latest plugin guide can be found here
  •  If issues arise with the new version, the previous version 3.2.1.242 can be downloaded here

Carbonite Safe

What is being released?

Small release to address requests from various stakeholders such as:

•  Jedi Allow add Computer for Existing Customers
  • Rate Limiting 2FA requests
  • Improvements to Safe Applications with defect fixes.
  • Live Dark Fixes and Improvements for My Account Portal

WSA Mac Agent version 9.5.1

What is being released?
A new version of the WSA Mac Agent to consumer and business customers.

Key items in this release:

• Single PKG installer now auto-detects OS and quietly adjusts installation for older OSes
  • New command line installation script for PKG installer supported by mac team
  • Support for native Apple uninstallation
  • Fixed issue where System Optimizer would not execute
  • Fixed issue where subsequent scans were taking as long as initial scan
  • Sky ScanSummaryV2 support

Webroot Consumer

What is being released?

Genesis 1.3.0.126 Consumer agent version provides:

• Improved manageability.  Genesis components will shutdown when WSA is shutdown (requires WSA-14 or higher)
  • Standalone module support.  New modules can be released completely independently of the Genesis core.
  • Support extended to Windows Server OS versions (Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019)
  • Improved uninstall and update for better reliability.

Staged rollout steps are complete and this version is now Generally Available for all Consumer WSA agents at version 9.0.31.84 and higher.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Love  hearing/reading about all the Webroot updates. Beta testing is great when we see the progression of these improvements come about. Thank you Tyler for another greater useful insight and information about the happenings of Webroot and Carbonite! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Anything to help silently install on a Mac is a win. 

+1 on this. 

And another one from me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

+1 on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats been the biggest frustration for me. The bulk of our clients have mainly Windows based environments, I havent yet found an easy way to roll out to Mac's without doing it manually (a number of our clients have a few Mac's sprinkled here and there). I'm glad to hear that this update removes the need to get the correct version installer, but could do with an automated way to push it out, any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Regarding WSA Support extended to Windows Server OS versions (Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019)... This is awesome! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Looking forward to the rollout of the Consumer Agent.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Always happy to see continued improvement and enhancements across the entire product line. Webroot doesn’t just sit back on their laurels but they keep evolving and developing new methodologies and strategies for us to protect our clients.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

When will it come to the business agents?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Very pleased to hear about the new Single PKG installer that auto-detects OS and quietly adjusts installation for older OSes! Brilliant!

For real! This will make Mac deployments so much easier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So great to see some fixes for the Mac agent!

We’ve had a lot of trouble with installing and troubleshooting agents. Even uninstalling has been a pain, and looks like this finally fixes that.

Appreciate all your work to keep improving your products!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good to see so many updates!

I volunteered to beta test version 4.0 of the Automate plugin about 6 months ago (I think. It’s been a while). Seems to be going fine for the most part, but is that version going to be released any time soon?

Should I uninstall and re-install version 3.x?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Very pleased to hear about the new Single PKG installer that auto-detects OS and quietly adjusts installation for older OSes! Brilliant!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

More Lure pages!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"Single PKG installer now auto-detects OS and quietly adjusts installation for older OSes" 

This is a welcome sight! Pain in rear before having to get the right installer (I'm not a Mac person, can you tell?)

Userlevel 3

thanks for the info!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Updates are awesome and good to see it happening. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks I have bookmarked the direct links for the plugin for Automate as sometimes required for Partners.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Great news to see these things released. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Great 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Alright we have been Beta Testing this for awhile and everything is working great with the new Web Shield and Genesis 1.3.0.126 Consumer agent! 😉