UPDATES

What’s New at Carbonite + Webroot November 2022

What’s New at Carbonite + Webroot November 2022
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1098 replies

With this release, Webroot® Security Awareness Training now supports the SCORM (sharable content object reference model) standard natively. This new implementation improves our learning management system (LMS) profile, opens up opportunities for much larger content partnerships, and provides the groundwork for various LMS-related features such as content upload and learning paths. Also, as part of this release we greatly improved Training Portal error handling.

What is being released?

• Training portal error display on common errors
  • Adds SCORM support

What is being released?

Web Threat Shield extensions for Chrome, Edge and Firefox to provide:

• Performance enhancements for Real-Time Anti-Phishing
  • A solution for challenges with Bing search result annotation display
  • Google fonts are now obtained directly from our servers
  • Security fixes

All three extensions have passed their respective reviews and are now available for new installs and updates.

Learn how easy it is to securely preserve data with confidentiality, integrity and availability while minimizing downtime for day-to-day operations. This short demo video highlights the comprehensive, reliable and proven server protection that Carbonite offers. We protected over 200 operating systems, platforms and applications including physical, virtual and legacy systems. Discover how this powerful, integrated solution can help you achieve business continuity and minimize data loss.

Demo Video

See how easy it is to protect organizational data from human error, malware or theft. This short demo showcases how Carbonite can help your business recover data quickly and easily while simplifying administrative tasks with centralized management and policy-based backups. Discover enterprise-grade endpoint backup that doesn’t interfere with end user productivity.

Demo Video

12 replies

Userlevel 7

Thank you @TylerM for all the information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks for the update Tyler. As I said in another post about Phishing and Smashing, maybe Webroot should add to these training end user training for help in detecting and recognizing smishing and phishing. I think this would be an excellent class to offer and every employee of every company should be required to take it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the round up, Tyler!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I have a client who has been on carbonite for quite a while and he is very happy with it. I think it’s worth another look!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I have a client who has been on carbonite for quite a while and he is very happy with it. I think it’s worth another look!

Agreed. I have tried just about every cloud backup storage there is, and while no single solution is perfect, Carbonite was the one that worked the best, seemed faster than most of the others, and was trivial to use.  So It wins for me now. I have it on all my machines as a cloud backup even though I have network backup as well. Never can have too much backup IMO. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Agreed. I have tried just about every cloud backup storage there is, and while no single solution is perfect, Carbonite was the one that worked the best, seemed faster than most of the others, and was trivial to use.  So It wins for me now. I have it on all my machines as a cloud backup even though I have network backup as well. Never can have too much backup IMO. 

No, can never have too many backups. Not in this paranoid world!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MajorHavoc  as my primary role is backup and disaster recovery I simply cannot agree with you more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks Martin. Although I had to reread your comment a few times. At first, the word “cannot” jumped out at me and I thought perhaps you disagreed. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks as always for the update Tyler!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks for the update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Martin. Although I had to reread your comment a few times. At first, the word “cannot” jumped out at me and I thought perhaps you disagreed. 😀

:-) someone once mentioned that the Brittish people got a weird sense of humor, well as a primarily Afrikaans (close to Dutch)  speaking South African I speak English very deliciously. 🙂 BACKUPS BACKUPS BACKUPS BACKUPS. As it take only one dumb person on a network clicking the wrong thing, or configuring something incorrect, and poof…… trouble in paradise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

:-) someone once mentioned that the Brittish people got a weird sense of humor, well as a primarily Afrikaans (close to Dutch)  speaking South African I speak English very deliciously. 🙂 BACKUPS BACKUPS BACKUPS BACKUPS. As it take only one dumb person on a network clicking the wrong thing, or configuring something incorrect, and poof…… trouble in paradise. 

Weird? Us Brits? Never…