• 30 October 2021
  • 4 replies
What’s new at Carbonite + Webroot: October 2021
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1108 replies

Introducing Webroot® Security for Chromebook

Chromebook devices are perfect for students, families or anyone looking for ease of use. And their built-in security features are better than none at all. But they still benefit from added protection. 

That's why we've introduced Webroot® Security for Chromebook™ devices to proactively and continuously protect from a variety of targeted threats, filling in existing security gaps.

Features include:

• Enhanced Antivirus Protection  Always-on, automatic scans of your device and files for viruses and malware.
  • On-Demand Scans  Use the secure Webroot browser to run additional scans with the click of a button.
  • Identity Protection – Blocks malicious websites that try to steal personal info or harm devices.
  • Secure Web Browsing – Identifies and blocks unsafe websites while using the Webroot browser or Google Chrome™.
  • Web Threat Shield – Warns about high-risk websites and automatically blocks them from installing anything dangerous. Download this extension at the Chrome Web Store.
  • Designed for Chromebook – Extra security specifically designed to protect your Chromebook.

Webroot® Security Awareness Training

Webroot Security Awareness Training now offers training courses in German. This release completes Phase 2 of our multi-language release, with one more language planned for F22.

What’s new?

We’ve released 22 new courses covering core security and compliance topics including:

• Cloud - Best Practices 
  • Computing Devices - Best Practices at Home and Office 
  • Cybersecurity - Overview 
  • GDPR - Overview
  • Information Security - Data Destruction 
  • Mobile Device Security 
  • Mobile Devices - App Safety 
  • Passwords - Best Practices 
  • Passwords - Passphrases 
  • Phishing - Best Practices 
  • Phishing - Inbox Simulations 
  • Physical Security - Best Practices 
  • Physical Security - Device Theft 
  • Social Engineering - Overview 
  • Social Engineering - Top Tips 
  • USB Security - Best Practices 
  • Websites and Software - Common attacks 
  • Websites and Software - HTTPS Secure Connection 
  • Websites and Software - Public Computer Use 
  • Websites and Software - URL Structure Explained 
  • WiFi Security - Best Practices 
  • Wifi Security - Public Networks and Mobile Hotspots

Webroot® Business Endpoint Protection

The latest update to Webroot Business Endpoint Protection features the release of Business Web Threat Shield 2.0.0.2.

What’s new?

New with Business Web Threat Shield 2.0.0.2:

• Updated code signing certificates
  • Support for increased whitelist
  • Improved manageability
  • Local caching for Real-time Anti-phishing
  • Legacy Edge device driver is disabled

Webroot® DNS Protection

The DNS Protection Agent is the agent component of DNS Protection. It runs as a service on each installed system and is designed to intercept and manage DNS requests. This release includes improvements and bug fixes including a new CS Log that is easy to understand for both support engineers and customers. Additionally, there are efficiency and design improvements to the DNS Protection agent.

What’s new?

Features:

• New, concise customer support logs to aid in troubleshooting
  • Removed dependency on local DNS resolver

Improvements:

• Improved support for 32-bit operating systems

Uninstall improvements

Fortinet VPN refinements

• Agent upgrade improvements
  • Improved logging
  • Improved DNS filtering efficiency

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@TylerM 

Thanks for the loaded post. I usually pass these update messages along to our techs. Has the support site area been updated to reflect the new updates as well for the specific version numbers?

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Great post. Thanks for sone excellent points to consider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@TylerM

Thanks for the loaded post. I usually pass these update messages along to our techs. Has the support site area been updated to reflect the new updates as well for the specific version numbers?

John

It should have been! Let me know if not and I’ll let them now, but they are usually the first to update before I post here

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great news! I will pass it along to my coworkers.