- Context menu scanning
- Better performance on servers (Business edition only)
- Cleanup of various items, including firewall settings, authorized applications, and TCPIP parameters
- Cleanup of authorized applications
- License check functionality
- Remediation of malicious browser hijacks
- Rootkit cleanup logic
- Handling of registry keys and values
- Agent Command overrides on protected applications (Business edition only)
- Handling of invalid fonts on XP Embedded
- Update handling
- Limitations to file upload sizes
- Repair of infected keyboard class values, phishing filter settings, and proxy settings
- Prompts for HOSTS file modification
- Parsing of scheduled task parameters
- Ability to poll via command line
- Minor UI modifications
- Protected application handling
- Compatibility with the Safari database application
- Search results annotations when certain proxies are in use
- Implemented significant new "clone mode" logic for handling virtual machines or duplicated hardware
So the context menu scanning issue reported here is now resolved. The Scan with Webroot option will no longer appear on the context menu for the recycle bin.
**Update - It has been observed that users affected by this issue will need to uninstall and reinstall in order for the change to go into effect. Windows XP users specifically also need to restart after reinstalling.
The "Agent Command overrides on protected applications" entry relates primarily to the business version of the product, but since it's the same core agent at heart, occasionally you'll see some overlap between the business release notes and the consumer version release notes. This would be one of those cases.
The "clone mode" stuff is exciting because WSA will now identify VM's uniquely even if they are cloned.
We have also started posting the release notes here on the main page. There should be an update for version 2.8 of the Android app later today as well.