Oops! Accidental new rank emails...

• 31 January 2013
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
My apologies if you just received an erroneous email stating you received a new rank.  I made the mistake of creating an empty rank, which resulted in a bunch of private message notifications stating "you have a new rank!" when really you don't. :$  So for about 10 seconds, a lot of people were "Threat Researchers" in name only.  There were no permissions attached to the rank, so the only problem was the spammy notifications.  My apologies!  Sorry about that to anyone who received an erroneous message.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Awe.....  :(  And here I was thinking I am loved enough to make a new special rank just for me!

Just kidding heheheh :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I was wondering what our Salary was going to be?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
How does it feel to crush my dreams, Jim? Was it everything you hoped it would be? /s
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Although it is my fervent hope to someday work in the industry in some fashion,i kind of figured something was amiss.Made me chuckle actually,and anything that makes me chuckle these days is quite welcome:D
Userlevel 7
I received 2 PM's on this. My first thought was, that I was put on Webroots Payroll. LOL 😃
Userlevel 7
No problem Jim :D

It looks like your Threat Research Department is going to expand with new employees. If I can speak for myself, I don't have objections. Let's start to negotiate my salary 😃
Userlevel 6
When I received mine, my first reaction was:  "I'm movin on up!"   My second reaction was:  Great, another sticker!   My third reaction was:   My job application for the position as Assistant General Counsel for the Office Of Homeland Security finally came through!

Now this!    :@

My day is ruined!   😳
Userlevel 6
At least I'm in good company!   :D

(I even sent a lengthy "thank you" note to CatB!, setting forth my feelings of honor and humility at the appointment)
Userlevel 6
Sorry, TH, I know you had visions of driving around in that new Lexus or Mercedes!  😃
Userlevel 6
WTF!  Why is JimM getting so many kudos for this catastrophe?  😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No worries, RWM. We're the ones with the red face now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
A red name to go with a red face. :$
Userlevel 7
I wondered how I gained a new rank while I was out on a business trip and had not been posting. I knew I was not that good!
Userlevel 7
Welcome back Corey! 

Yes.. it was a nice promotion they gave us all, but a short lived one 😃
Userlevel 7
Yep! I saw the rank and was thinking, Hey, I do not remember that on the chart!
Userlevel 7
I didnt just think about it not being on the chart, I messaged Cat about it,. asking just where that puts me LOL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I remain unconvinced, Jim.
You're an expert community manager. This is a great, innocent looking ploy to bring users back to the site and gives us a taste of what progressing through the ranks feels like. Best of all, you get to say it's your personal fault rather than some kind of Webroot marketing campaign. We all get to laugh at your mistake while identifying with you since we've all mis-clicked stuff that has had broader impacts.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, SHEEPLE! DON'T BELIEVE JIM'S COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT TRICKERY.

It's a good thing I'm here. Next up: What Webroot doesn't want you to know about that "small definitions file" that's really 4GB!

/s
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I remain unconvinced, Jim.
You're an expert community manager. This could be a ploy to bring users back to the site and give us a taste of what progressing through the ranks feels like.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, SHEEPLE!

/s
We don't see a little w by our username :p

TH :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
IT'S A CONSPIRACY, SHEEPLE! DON'T BELIEVE JIM'S COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT TRICKERY.

It's a good thing I'm here. Next up: What Webroot doesn't want you to know about that "small definitions file" that's really 4GB!

LOL!  No wonder my network usage spiked so high for a couple hours last night!  

:D

I have to say, I really enjoy that people don't just discuss "dry topics" here, but are also willing to throw in a good bit of humor as well!