Site down for an hour

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1117 replies

Hey everyone!

You may have noticed our website was down today for about an hour.

This was because of our migration of the URL community.webroot.com to community.opentextcybersecurity.com

This was always planned and was a long time coming, but the rollout did not go as expected and the URLs from the webroot domain DID NOT redirect to the opentext one. For now all URLs work until we get that sorted, but the plan is to have all URLs working and redirecting. 

Just a heads up!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks Tyler!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Thank you for letting us know @TylerM 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good to know 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks for the heads up @TylerM 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Last but not least! Thank you Tyler..Much appreciated your diligence in this frustrating issue. You're the man!😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

What is the status of the Friends Trivia event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just spoke to Tyler as I couldn't get in as the site was down at 2pm (UK time). He waved his wand to get the community site URL working again but says with people not being able to get in he will reschedule.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I just spoke to Tyler as I couldn't get in as the site was down at 2pm (UK time). He waved his wand to get the community site URL working again but says with people not being able to get in he will reschedule.

Thank you for the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes it was just Tyler and I on the Trivia today so as Russell said it’s been rescheduled.

Wed, Apr 3, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which is annoying as it’s Easter Break here in the UK next week and I'm on holiday so I'll miss the rescheduled quiz! 😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Make sure to grab both URL’s in case of issues!

This was because of our migration of the URL community.webroot.com to community.opentextcybersecurity.com

I’m posting from the new URL at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I wonder if this was deliberate.. and someone forgot the answer sheet for the quiz! 😂 😜