cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager

A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

Hi Everyone,

 

My name is Kiran Kumar and I am the Product Director for Network portfolio within the business segment – responsible for DNS-Protection and FlowScape - Network Anomaly detection.

 

I am based in sunny San Diego and have been with Webroot for 4yrs driving various network and Threat Intelligence portfolio. Complementing our award winning Endpoint Protection product, we have put a layered approach in protecting our SMB and MSP clients with a network based solution called DNS-Protection. This is a compelling advantage for Webroot as we look to further establish ourselves as a security leader in the MSP/SMB market and provide a comprehensive security solution and be the trusted security advisor for our MSP/SMB community.

 

Our approach to product development is to bring incremental releases to market and making adjustments based on customer needs and you can find highlights from most recent DNS-P release here.

 

I am excited to be the featured PM for this month and I look forward to having a constructive dialogue with all of you via this forum. If you’d like to ask a question or provide any commentary, please use the reply function below and I’ll be responding regularly throughout the next four weeks. In the meantime, if you’d like more information on DNS and any of our Business products, you can learn more about them here.

 

Looking forward to your comments and questions!

 

What do you look for in a DNS solution?

8 REPLIES
Popular Voice

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS


@kkumar wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

My name is Kiran Kumar and I am the Product Director for Network portfolio within the business segment – responsible for DNS-Protection and FlowScape - Network Anomaly detection.

 

I am based in sunny San Diego and have been with Webroot for 4yrs driving various network and Threat Intelligence portfolio. Complementing our award winning Endpoint Protection product, we have put a layered approach in protecting our SMB and MSP clients with a network based solution called DNS-Protection. This is a compelling advantage for Webroot as we look to further establish ourselves as a security leader in the MSP/SMB market and provide a comprehensive security solution and be the trusted security advisor for our MSP/SMB community.

 

Our approach to product development is to bring incremental releases to market and making adjustments based on customer needs and you can find highlights from most recent DNS-P release here.

 

I am excited to be the featured PM for this month and I look forward to having a constructive dialogue with all of you via this forum. If you’d like to ask a question or provide any commentary, please use the reply function below and I’ll be responding regularly throughout the next four weeks. In the meantime, if you’d like more information on DNS and any of our Business products, you learn more about them here.

 

Looking forward to your comments and questions!

 

What do you look for in a DNS solution?


Hi @kkumar,

 

Your 2 "here"s in this post are missing the links, and I would like to look at more information regarding DNS protection.

 

Thanks!



I am Webgroot.



Product Manager

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

Thank you @Webgroot .. looks like the links were taken out when it was copy/pasted. Here's the link: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection

 

Thanks. 

Popular Voice

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS


@kkumar wrote:

Thank you @Webgroot .. looks like the links were taken out when it was copy/pasted. Here's the link: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection 

 

Thanks. 


Thanks for the link, but here's what I got when I clicked on it.

 

 

 

 



I am Webgroot.



Product Manager

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

hmmm .. thats strange.. it works for me. @akim can you please assist with this website - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection 

Popular Voice

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS


@kkumar wrote:

hmmm .. thats strange.. it works for me. @akim can you please assist with this website - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection 


I found out what it was. For some reason there was a '%A0' in your link, even though the text just showed https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection, when I removed it from the URL, I got to the page just fine.

 

WebrootDNSProtectionPage.JPG

 

 

 



I am Webgroot.



Administrator

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS


@kkumar wrote:

hmmm .. thats strange.. it works for me. @akim can you please assist with this website - https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/dns-protection 


All links have been fixed. Thanks! Smiley Happy


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Anna - Webroot Sr. Advocate Programs Manager
New Member

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

Struggling with the Reporting on DNS,  

 

Drill down into reports on all threats the business would've been susceptible to without DNS Protection in place, and get full visibility into risk and usage.  Not seeing deep dives and customizing capabalities. 

Specific report we are looking for is a simple Site Usage/Browsing history for a user device.

Retired Webrooter

Re: A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

@techteamnation@kkumar

Hello Techteamnation,

Thanks for choosing Webroot and taking advantage of our DNS Protection solution.  My name is Jason Valenzano and I work in our Product Managment organization.  We now have granular reporting enabled which provides device name, username, domain, and OS details.  You can also export any report to csv too!  This may be a way to customize the data as you've requested.  We have added a new report called "Top Active Hosts" which I think you'll appreciate.  This is in addition to other reports such as:

 

  • Top Blocked Domain
  • Top Blocked Category
  • Top Requested Category