Why You Should be Using a Password Manager

• 6 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
From streaming entertainment to social media to our online bank accounts and software, we are inundated every day with the need to create and remember new passwords. In fact, one study revealed that Americans have an average of 130 online accounts registered to a single email address. And what are the chances that those 130 passwords are each unique and difficult to crack? Slim to none.

You’ve probably heard about the infamous Yahoo breach that came to light last year, in which hackers stole the credentials and other sensitive information of more than 1 billion users. For people who used their Yahoo password for other sites, those accounts were also compromised.

Unfortunately, many people admit their passwords are less secure than they should be. See for yourself:

For more ways to keep yourself safe and to avoid common password security risks, read more on our blog.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I always use Webroots Password Manager on my Windows and Mac Computers. :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I could not manage without Webroots Password Manager now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I'm lost without it. How else do people do it?! 

Or... <gasp!> do they use the same password over and over again?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Or... <gasp!> do they use the same password over and over again?
They might, we have a lot of they think they are smart people out there. ROFLMHO 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The crooks are smart and skilled, much more than most can even imagine.  I use it always.  2FA is good also and I do not mind the slight inconvenience !