Webroot SecureAnywhere Tops PassMark Bench Test's once again

• 8 October 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have a look at the latest PDF for all the Juicey info: http://www.webroot.com/shared/pdf/PassMark2014AVPerformanceBenchmarkReport-Webroot.pdf

Daniel 😉

6 replies

Userlevel 7
No surprise there... Once again, Well Done Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Congratulations to the entire Webroot. The result is as expected. After all, WSA is the lightest, fastest and most effective AV on the market.
Nice results, but it would be nice to see if Webroot would be tested by AV testing companies (like AV-Test and AV Comparatives) to see Webroots security compared to competition. I know that didn't work well in the past because of the way Webroot works but i really think it would be good to see more independent testing on Webroot. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nice results, but it would be nice to see if Webroot would be tested by AV testing companies (like AV-Test and AV Comparatives) to see Webroots security compared to competition. I know that didn't work well in the past because of the way Webroot works but i really think it would be good to see more independent testing on Webroot. 
Well WSA can't be tested on it's strengths and the Testing Organizations will have to change there Testing Methodology to show the true strength of WSA as it was talked about a couple years ago: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Joint-message-from-AV-Comparatives-and-Webroot/td-p/17708 so not sure what they are doing ATM but we can use the real world as an example there are no issues posted in here about true infections but some PUA issues which most can be removed via Control Panel.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Congratulations Webroot Team on a job well done.  😉
Userlevel 7
Agree with you all...a job well done, Webroot...but as Daniel said...it will be hard convicing some doubters due to the store they set by the 'mainstream' testing organisations...there needs to be a quantum shift in approach to level the playing field so that WSA is not constantly trying to run up hill and score a goal.

😠