500 Percent Increase in macOS/iOS Ransomware Attacks During 1H 2018

• 15 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

MSPs report 5+ attacks on their client base on average

November 15th, 2018,  By Sergiu Gatlan

macOS and iOS users are not as safe as they think they are when it comes to ransomware given that during the first six months of 2018 the number of attacks on macOS/iOS systems reported by managed service providers (MSPs) surged by 500%.

According to Datto's "State of the Channel Ransomware Report" survey which comprises stats gathered from more than 2,400 MSPs from all around the globe, 79% of all questioned MSPs said that ransomware is still a massive threat to small-to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs).

Full Article.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Really?

http://funnyminionsmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/8DxmZY6.gif
Userlevel 7
Maybe one day Apple users will believe that Apple devices / computers need Security Software. I'm a member of a few Apple / Mac Forums and they just don't believe this software is necessary. Just maybe some day they will wake up. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Maybe one day Apple users will believe that Apple devices / computers need Security Software. I'm a member of a few Apple / Mac Forums and they just don't believe this software is necessary. Just maybe some day they will wake up. :D
We see that scenario too many times where they think no security software is needed, and I have doubts if some of the will ever wake up.