Apple releases iOS 9.3, fixing a major iMessage security flaw

• 21 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
See Also - iOS zero-day breaks Apple’s iMessage encryption

The software update fixes a flaw that allows iCloud-stored images and video sent over iMessage to be decrypted, and also adds a number of new features.
 By Zack Whittaker | March 21, 2016

Apple has released a new software update for iPhones and iPads.

Users should update as soon as possible as it fixes a major flaw that could allow some encrypted content used in iMessage to be unscrambled.

The company said Monday that iOS 9.3 comes with a fix that would fix a flaw which allows images and videos stored in iCloud to be decrypted.

Full Article

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for the update on this Jasper:D

EDITED: iOS 9.3 is updating now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
25th March 2016

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/9B4A/production/_88945793_6e152da6-9ac8-4d06-8950-50c6a5d4ec4a.jpg

iPhone and iPad owners locked out of their devices because of a problem with Apple's latest mobile operating system have been provided with a solution.

The iOS 9.3 update caused some older versions of the phones and tablets to require the IDs and passwords previously used to set them up.

Many people complained that their machines had become unusable because they had forgotten or did not know the details.
Apple has detailed a workaround.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Jasper! I did get the update and had to fill in my passwords for icloud and for startup password. I am lucky that I remembered.
But I always could go to my computer and retrieve or make a new password. What about those that don't have another computer?:smiley-frustrated
Edited: I do have a rather new iPad though....
Userlevel 7
No, stop it...no, no...don't do it! OK, I won't say it...even though I am thinking it. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54