Bailey’s notifies 15,000 online customers of payment card breach

• 3 March 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
2nd March 2016  Posted by Dissent

It’s not enough I come across a payment card breach notification with a lot of detail, so I was surprised to read a notification of an e-commerce breach from Bailey’s to the Oregon Attorney General’s Office that provided so much information. Look at the first few paragraphs of the timber harvest gear firm’s notification. It includes the date the compromise started, the date it was detected, the date it was confirmed, the date it was stopped, how the attack occurred, the number of payment card numbers and details acquired, what percent were Mastercard, Visa, etc., and what countries the customers came from:

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Very detailed information on this breach and to the point on the percentage and what cards were breached.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Im no expert but it always concerns me how much information they are able to collect post event and find it difficult to provide support to the victims. The amount of information provided suggests that there must of been some warning prior to the breach, and if so why was it not acted upon? * cough cough Sony, Microsoft *