Barbeques Are Now Hackable Thanks to Ever-Evolving Technology

• 10 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have to ask, but why would anyone want something like this?
Surely if someone is using a BBQ they need to be there to turn things etc, "Web-based administration panel that lets users control and monitor grills over WiFi connections."

By Catalin Cimpanu    10 Dec 2015

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/fitted/340x180/barbeques-are-now-hackable-thanks-to-ever-evolving-technology.jpg

IoT devices continue to suck when it comes to security

Two American security researchers from Oakland, USA, have provided a demonstration of how to hack "smart" barbeques with Internet capabilities, The Register reports from the 9th edition of the Kiwicon security conference in New Zealand.

The product in question is the CyberQ WifiBBQ Control from BBQ Guru, an American grill and barbeque maker. CyberQ is part of the company’s line of smart IoT (Internet of Things) devices, coming equipped with a Web-based administration panel that lets users control and monitor grills over WiFi connections.

The CyberQ is not a complete barbeque set, but a portable device made up of various components that can be attached to any grill users may have installed at their homes.

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
This one is for the record!!! Now you have to worry about your barbecue being hacked. What?? Does that mean their going to steel our hamburgers and hot dogs????
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
They can hack my bbq anythime they want as long as they flip the meat over from time to time so it gets equally baked by the time i get hungry. Anyhow my daughter will scare the hackers away if they get on site because she's quite protective about her favourite food 😃