Hacking Amazon Key – Hacker shows how to access a locked door after the delivery

• 5 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
February 5, 2018  By Pierluigi Paganini

Other problems for the Amazon Key technology, a hacker posted a video on Twitter to show how to access a locked door after a delivery worker’s one-time code has been used.

Earlier in November, Amazon announced for its Prime members the Amazon Key, a program that would allow a delivery person to enter your home under video surveillance, securely drop off the package, and leave with the door locking behind them. The system could also be used to grant access to the people you trust, like your family, friends, or house cleaner.

Full Article.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
OMG new technology making it easier to get into your home. Not for me, I do it the old fashioned way under lock and key with an alarm system connected to 3 bullhorns, 2 in the attic facing outside and 1 in the house. When my alarm goes off it will wake the dead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
OMG new technology making it easier to get into your home. Not for me, I do it the old fashioned way under lock and key with an alarm system connected to 3 bullhorns, 2 in the attic facing outside and 1 in the house. When my alarm goes off it will wake the dead. 

That is the best way Dave. There are too many IOT gizmo's these days, people are going to end forgetting how to do simple things like filling a kettle ot turning on a light switch!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I like the old ways - leave the key under the mat!  😉
Userlevel 7
wrote:
I like the old ways - leave the key under the mat!  ;)
To this day, I know a family that does that. :S