KrebsOnSecurity on CBS’s ’60 Minutes’

• 1 December 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
 In case any of you loyal readers missed it, KrebsOnSecurity.com and its author were featured in a 60 Minutes interview last night on the credit and debit card breaches that have hit countless retailers and consumers over the past year.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/12/krebsonsecurity-on-cbss-60-minutes/

Includes link to a video and transcript of the program.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI Webrooters and Dermot,

I saw 60 minutes last night and the statistics are very scary and nothing can be done until our credit cards are updated to the times. I believe it's 97% plausible that Banks will get hacked and that the Hackers are selling the stolen credit cards on Amazon even.

Thanks for reporting this Dermot!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
HI Webrooters and Dermot,

I saw 60 minutes last night and the statistics are very scary and nothing can be done until our credit cards are updated to the times. I believe it's 97% plausible that Banks will get hacked and that the Hackers are selling the stolen credit cards on Amazon even.

Thanks for reporting this Dermot!:D
Thanks Sherry,

It could be that introduction of "chip&pin" over there may help (but only partially Chip and PIN: No panacea, but worth the effort – and the cost | CSO Online ), to plug the holes. But the hackers seemingly are always scoring 'goals', and organisations then scramble to shore things up.

A lot of 'wise-up' all round is badly needed. And they're expecting online, and mobile etc  payments to increase rapidly also

Big challenges all round. :@

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to see him getting some more good publicity.  His column is always excellent.