Microsoft Security Advisory Notification Issued: August 12, 2014

• 13 August 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Title: Microsoft Security Advisory Notification
Issued: August 12, 2014

Security Advisories Updated or Released Today ==============================================

* Microsoft Security Advisory (2755801)
  - Title: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in
    Internet Explorer
  - https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/2755801
  - Revision Note: V27.0 (August 12, 2014): Added the 2982794
    update to the Current Update section.

Other Information
=================

Recognize and avoid fraudulent email to Microsoft customers:
=============================================================
If you receive an email message that claims to be distributing a Microsoft security update, it is a hoax that may contain malware or pointers to malicious websites. Microsoft does not distribute security updates via email.

The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) uses PGP to digitally sign all security notifications. However, PGP is not required for reading security notifications, reading security bulletins, or installing security updates. You can obtain the MSRC public PGP key at <https://technet.microsoft.com/security/dn753714>.

Daniel ;)

3 replies

i have been receiving pop ups saying my driver s need updating end to down load some soft ware end i want do it i dont trust it, suppost to be from microsoft it just dont look rigth.
Userlevel 5
I don't think there real, do you have webroot currently, scan your computer if you do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
i have been receiving pop ups saying my driver s need updating end to down load some soft ware end i want do it i dont trust it, suppost to be from microsoft it just dont look rigth.
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The only pop-ups you should get from Microsoft is from the Windows Update utility or Security Center. To make sure your clean of malware please Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to check it out.

HTH,

Daniel 😉