light bulb

Did You Know?

Topics: 202
Kudos: 965

Netflix users in danger of malware

Netflix Malware.PNG

Silverlight users beware: Update your security and Silverlight software to avoid this malicious exploit. It is an add-on to the Anger exploit kit and delivers malware onto the victims' system.

"Silverlight has failed to surpass the popularity of Flash, but it’s nonetheless used by many users around the world, including over 40 million users of popular on-demand Internet streaming service Netflix."

Full Story (source:

Serious Gamers need Serious Protection - Webroot AntiVirus for PC Gamers

Follow us for giveaways: 

Mike R

Marketing & Gaming Project Coordinator

Topics: 677
Kudos: 8,679

Re: Netflix users in danger of malware

I guess I can't turn on my TV with Netflix build in. Smiley Very Happy

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v9.0.4.8 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.7.0.7170.

MVP.gif.pngMicrosoft® MVP Consumer Security   Capture24-02-2012-5.34.08 PM.jpg

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png  

Topics: 43
Kudos: 367

I usually keep Silverlight disabled unless i am working on something that requires it,which isn't very often.I pray that MS continues to refine and update Silverlight in a timely fashion(there are other vulnerabilities in it as well that aren't as easy to take advantage of,but nonetheless are possible).I would simply recommend to anyone to disable it in browser ad-ons until you find that you need it,if at all.I would also like to see certain types of updates forced on home users rather than making them optional.Most people i come across are extremely lazy keeping their machines updated,which keeps virus techs,pc techs,and self taught novices like myself busy.

WSA-C Firewall
Windows 10 Pro X64
Ublock Origin Firefox and Chrome,adblock plus IE
Always have a BACKUP plan!
Topics: 177
Kudos: 601

Mike, thanks for the warningSmiley Happy

Sr. Community Leader

Beta Tester

WEBROOT® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta v8.0.8.89

Topics: 58
Kudos: 604
Ideas: 72

[ Edited ]

Silverlight will continue to receive security updates until 2021, so at least that's good. It's a dead-end technology now, which the Wikipedia article fails to mention. If I wasn't lazy I'd fix it up right now...

Unless you use Netflix, you should uninstall Silverlight.

Business Products Sr. Community Leader and Expert Advisor - WSA-Enterprise and WSAWSS administrator of 1700+ computers
First company to 1000+ WSA endpoints | Power User / Business Ambassador / WSA-C and WSA-E Beta tester
Community LeaderCommunity Leader
Find me on Twitter!