New iOS App Detects Compromised iPhones

• 10 May 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By SecurityWeek News on May 10, 2016

New App Helps Detect Secretly Jailbroken, Compromised iOS Devices

Owners of iPhone and iPads can stay better informed on the security of their devices courtesy of “System and Security Info,” a new application designed to provide users with detailed information on what applications and processes are running on their iOS devices.

Developed by Germany-based SektionEins GmbH, the tool was built with jailbreak and anomaly detection functionality, so that security concerned users can check for potential privacy issues and security threats.

Full Article

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Sounds like an excellent idea...but surely...iPhones are invilnerable to malware & hacking...what, they are not? :S ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Sounds like an excellent idea...but surely...iPhones are invilnerable to malware & hacking...what, they are not? :S ;)
Well they are made by Apple after all 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
This may interest you ?

By Andrew O'Hara, May 12, 2016

Security has always been a top priority for Apple and its ecosystem, especially as of late. Tim Cook has made it clear that maintaining encryption and tight security protocols are here to stay. Users that are equally as concerned about protecting their personal information have had few options in actually monitoring their security however. A new app called System and Security Info from security firm SektionEins aims to help with that.

Full Article
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there Jasper! Very interesting for iPhone users. I'll spread the word! Thank you! 😉
Userlevel 7
I guess I'm missing out on all the fun as I don't have a I Phone, maybe I should get one???
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I have never owned an iPhone but I know a lot of others in my family do. ;) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Well I have never owned an iPhone but I know a lot of others in my family do. ;) 
I have never wanted one, I am quite happy with my Samsung 2100, it may be old but it is still a good one.
Userlevel 7
Very interesting, if only for users of the Forbidden Fruit...;)...but contains quick a bkit that generically is pertinent to any OS. Thanks for posting, Jasper.