Only two percent of IT experts consider third-party secure access a top priority

• 17 May 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Although I am not surprised that third party secure access is not a top priority, I am surprised that the 2% figure is so low given that it is a major source of breaches.

Help Net Security  May 17, 2016

Soha Systems released a report based on a survey conducted by the newly formed Soha Third-Party Advisory Group, which consists of security and IT experts from Aberdeen Group, Akamai, Assurant, BrightPoint Security, CKure Consulting, Hunt Business Intelligence, PwC, and Symantec.

The report, which surveyed over 200 IT and security C-Level executives, directors and managers at enterprise-level companies, revealed four key insights:

• Third-party access is not an IT priority, yet it is a major source of data breaches
  • Respondents believe their own organizations are secure from third-party data breaches but think their competitors are vulnerable to them
  • Providing third-party access is complex and tedious, and has many moving parts
  • IT professionals take data breaches personally but are not worried about losing their jobs due to a breach.

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, that sort of beggars belief...what exactly are they thinking with a view like that...I would have thought that it would be a prime focus. Obviously a complacent lot, eh?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
*Facepalm*