Sandwich Chain Jimmy John’s Investigating Breach Claims

• 31 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
This story which is coming to light now follows on from my previous post perfectly obviously too early to say if the Backoff Malware is responsible or not. It is to be hoped that we are not in for a renewed spate of large profile hacks.

31st July 2014

"Sources at a growing number of financial institutions in the United States say they are tracking a pattern of fraud that indicates nationwide sandwich chain Jimmy John’s may be the latest retailer dealing with a breach involving customer credit card data. The company says it is working with authorities on an investigation.

Multiple financial institutions tell KrebsOnSecurity that they are seeing fraud on cards that have all recently been used at Jimmy John’s locations.
Champaign, Ill.-based Jimmy John’s initially did not return calls seeking comment for two days. Today, however, a spokesperson for the company said in a short emailed statement that “Jimmy John’s is currently working with the proper authorities and investigating the situation. We will provide an update as soon as we have additional information.”

Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
I'm glad I work at Quiznos 😉