light bulb

Did You Know?

New Voice
Accepted Solution

Webroot Scan vs Norton Scan

Hi!

When Norton scanned my computer, there were more than 300,000 files scanned.  Webroot scans less than 80,000.  Why is this so?

Thank you very much!

Kudos: 309
Solutions: 16

Re: Webroot Scan vs Norton Scan

Hi Amarjose and welcome to the Webroot forums!

The reason for the difference is because Norton (along with most other AV's) scans almost every single file there is - even if it isn't a file type that could cause immediate harm. Webroot scans the files which may present an imediate threat like .exe files. This is also why the scan takes less time.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Shran

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Webroot SecureAnywhere home and endpoint protection beta tester.

Topics: 83
Kudos: 4,367
Solutions: 168

Ambarjose wrote:

Hi!

When Norton scanned my computer, there were more than 300,000 files scanned.  Webroot scans less than 80,000.  Why is this so?

Thank you very much!

Welcome Ambarjose!

It's important to remember that Webroot works differently from almost all of its competition. Except for a very tiny collection of signatures for specific problem viruses, it relies totally on monitoring process behavior and correlating that behavior with data from its immense cloud database. That same behavior monitoring lets it identify which other files are owned by the threat. Its quite impressing that it can manage a top-notch cleanup job without the baggage of a signature database.

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.1), IPads, PCs,W 7 Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro on Lenovo & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview
New Voice

Thank you!
Kudos: 309
Solutions: 16

You are quite welcome!

BrightCloud URL lookup

Webroot SecureAnywhere home and endpoint protection beta tester.

Topics: 83
Kudos: 4,367
Solutions: 168

[ Edited ]

You are quite welcome!! And Thank you Shran for saying Your Welcome!! :smileyvery-happy:

Ambarjose wrote:
Thank you!

:smileyvery-happy:

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.1), IPads, PCs,W 7 Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro on Lenovo & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview
New Voice

Thank you and thank you!

Ambarjose wrote:
Thank you!

Welcome to the community Ambarjose, glad to have you here!

Happy to see that Shran and Sherry were able to help you!

Please come back often, browse around and share your experiences with us.

Anytime you need assistance, feel free to ask us or contact our tech support team. You can contact them 24/7 by subbmiting a support ticket.

Enjoy the community!

Beth

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!:smileyvery-happy:

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

New Voice

Thank you, Beth.

My pleasure!

Ambarjose wrote:
Thank you, Beth.

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!:smileyvery-happy:

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!