Solved

What is Webroot's policy on participating in AV-Test or AV-Comparitives testing?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I have been recommending and selling Webroot to my customers for the past 8 months and would like to be able to show how Webroot SecureAnywhere compares to the competition. Webroot is missing from the current results for AV-Test and AV-Comparitives. Why is that?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JamesG 28 May 2015, 00:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I think this article will answer that question for you.

It has a statement from Mike Malloy, our EVP of Products and Strategy on why we do not participate in these tests, and what we are doing to be be accurately portrayed in them in the future.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Good. Thanks.

Based on the "real world" results that I have seen, I am very happy with using, recommending and selling Webroot. But it's good to have some kind of "official" statement to which I can refer people.

Of course, knowing the number of the reported infections would be very interesting information too.

Cheers,
TimC
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi  Tim,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

If I may add what we say here on the Forum with the WIN Cloud http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php as all the work is done on there and not your PC also WSA only uses 3 to 6MB of RAM and up to 6 MB's on the Hard Drive for the Client and this is the future and it's here now, how can the other conventional AV's keep up with almost 500,000 new Malware everyday and over 142 million Malware in 2014 alone.

Also may I add this here about Webroot mobile? http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/mobile-devices/

And it's great at protecting your online Credentials so Shopping and Banking online is no worry! :)

Hope this helps as well!

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Good to have all of this info under one link. Thanks!
TimC
Userlevel 7
TimC,

You are very welcome sir!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or inquiries.

We are always happy to assist.

Best Regards,