cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Action Center Notification

The Windows 10 Action Center is constantly giving me a notification to check my antivirus software. The message states that both Webroot and Windows Defender are turned off. When I check Security and Maintenance in the Control Panel, it says that Webroot Secure Anywhere virus protection and spyware protection is turned on. I just recently started receiving this notification after months of running the computer with the upgrade to Windows 10. I do have Windows Defender turned off, because my prefernce is to run Webroot. I have run several "deep" scans with my Webroot app with zero threats found. Any suggestions?

67 REPLIES
Gold VIP

Re: Windows 10 Action Center Notification

Hello atmachine

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

This has been a known issue and this is what Webroot Support had to say when replying back. in this thread here (message 19) which is below:

The issue you are having was caused by a Windows Update to their Security Center over the weekend. Webroot SecureAnywhere is on and it is protecting your device despite what Windows Security center is saying.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. In the search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu, type "Services" and click on the result "Services" under Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find "Security Center" and double-click on it.
4. In the window that comes up, find "Startup type" and change the selection from "Automatic (Delayed)" to "Automatic."
5. At the bottom of the window, click "Apply" and then "OK."
6. Close out of all the windows and restart your computer.

Windows Security Center should now be fixed and displaying the correct information for SecureAnywhere.

If this does not fix your issue then please Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with your Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds

Thank you!

Gold VIP

You are most Welcome!Smiley Very Happy

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
New Voice

I'm trying this myself...

Gold VIP

Well, do let us know what you find/whether it works for you or not. Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.28, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

New Voice

Is this a solution for Windows 10??

Maybe its the way Windows 10 is configured on my PC, but I don't have the same Start menu as existed with Windows 7.

When I open the menu at the left of my task bar, where Start used to be, I don't have a search bar at the bottom. So I can't seaarch for "Services" in that way.

I've looked at everything available from the "Settings" option in that menu, I've also looked under >Control Panel>System and Security,

I've looked in the Task Manager window under the tabs for Processes, Services, and Startup.

But, I don't find "Security Center" listed as such, so I can't see any way to change its "Startup type"

How would I go about this in Windows 10?

Thanks much,

Marty

New Voice

@mkolina wrote:

Is this a solution for Windows 10??

Maybe its the way Windows 10 is configured on my PC, but I don't have the same Start menu as existed with Windows 7.

When I open the menu at the left of my task bar, where Start used to be, I don't have a search bar at the bottom. So I can't search for "Services" in that way.

I've looked at everything available from the "Settings" option in that menu, I've also looked under >Control Panel>System and Security,

I've looked in the Task Manager window under the tabs for Processes, Services, and Startup.

But, I don't find "Security Center" listed as such, so I can't see any way to change its "Startup type"

How would I go about this in Windows 10?

Thanks much,

Marty

Are you sure your search bar is not hidden?

1. To find out, put your cursor on the Taskbar and right click.
  2. Then scroll to Search Bar and see if "Hidden" has a check next to it.
  3. If it does, click "Show search box".
  4. Now you can search for Services.

Not sure where to find it otherwise.

Also, it's been a few hours since I did it and *Fingers crossed* no notifications so far.

Gold VIP

Hello mkolina

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here at the Microsoft help http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Then have a look at this thread (message 70) by Triple Helix

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-turned-off-showing-message-...

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Register

New Voice

I just got hit with the notification again. I'm just going to turn off these kinds of notifications until you guys are able to patch it. Not what I want to do but I'm tired of seeing the notification. Smiley Sad