Java has indeed been patched and is now available HERE

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
WoW that's great thanks :D

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
No problem.Sunday is an unusual day for an update,but the problems were indeed pressing.I would love to see a total Java rewrite along the lines of the what the oft-quoted security expert as recommended.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Release Notes & Changelog:

Bug Fixes

This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities. For more information, see Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2013-0422.

In addition, the following change has been made:

Area: deploy
Synopsis: Default Security Level Setting Changed to High
The default security level for Java applets and web start applications has been increased from "Medium" to "High". This affects the conditions under which unsigned (sandboxed) Java web applications can run. Previously, as long as you had the latest secure Java release installed applets and web start applications would continue to run as always. With the "High" setting the user is always warned before any unsigned application is run to prevent silent exploitation.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u11-relnotes-1896856.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Thanks for posting the changelog.I saw the update was up and rushed to post and completely forgot about the changelog.Up and running on all my household machines and running well.I will now be crossing my fingers that there will be no newly discovered and widely used zero days to come to light before the next scheduled update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's great to get this info out as fast as possible for our Members here and also visitors!

Thanks Again,

TH