Question

Can't remove WebRoot

Badge +1
I cannot uninstall webroot from a customer's computer using add/remove programs. I tried "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall" and it says "are you sure you want to uninstall" and I say yes, then it says it's being managed by the central console and I have to make the changes there. BUT, the machine doesn't' show anywhere in the console. It was remove from console but it didn't remove software from the workstations.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hello @jbensheimer and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You should be using "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall see here for more info and if that doesn't work try to uninstall in Safe Mode with Networking: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/pc-uninstallation-option-missing-from-control-panel-34688

Please let us know if it works! And if it doesn't please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
TripleHelix wrote:

Hello @jbensheimer and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You should be using "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall see here for more info and if that doesn't work try to uninstall in Safe Mode with Networking: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/pc-uninstallation-option-missing-from-control-panel-34688

Please let us know if it works! And if it doesn't please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Thanks,

I just tried the above to Uninstall and it doesn't work for me on Win 10 x64 1809 so I'm chatting with support about this issue as it's been awhile since I tried to use this to Uninstall..
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Okay this is the proper way to use the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

The dashes are missing and should be in there!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings