Solved

Can't remove WebRoot

• 29 January 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
I cannot uninstall webroot from a customer's computer using add/remove programs. I tried "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall" and it says "are you sure you want to uninstall" and I say yes, then it says it's being managed by the central console and I have to make the changes there. BUT, the machine doesn't' show anywhere in the console. It was remove from console but it didn't remove software from the workstations.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 29 January 2019, 01:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @jbensheimer and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You should be using "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall see here for more info and if that doesn't work try to uninstall in Safe Mode with Networking: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/pc-uninstallation-option-missing-from-control-panel-34688

Please let us know if it works! And if it doesn't please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @jbensheimer and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

You should be using "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall see here for more info and if that doesn't work try to uninstall in Safe Mode with Networking: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/pc-uninstallation-option-missing-from-control-panel-34688

Please let us know if it works! And if it doesn't please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Thanks,

I just tried the above to Uninstall and it doesn't work for me on Win 10 x64 1809 so I'm chatting with support about this issue as it's been awhile since I tried to use this to Uninstall..
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Okay this is the proper way to use the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

The dashes are missing and should be in there!

Hello,

I tried to delete the program from the Control Panel and the Command Prompt under Administrator but it does not succeed. Everytime I tried to delete. It forces me to go to the site. https://survey.webrootanywhere.com/UninstallForm/Uninstall/?FOUR=Y&CMD=P40UNINST&AGENTPROFILE=RFTCWHF&InstanceMID=r6xzn008q8n02n2zr5x482417x5x5q1721zp172qp6839p45p2q7q196p3npp73z&LIC=FZ8NMQXXNPPZQ20N6XN4&LANG=pa&VER=073065&DeviceMID=R5X4190ZN930877NN47662X076N483P414R2PN46&HN=WTITAOEBBYCR&AUTH=787Kq5x5b66b1OmahSsFthYlG8bEW080FsvnutFXlbX8VFZtk/WMXvZB8azt6VpJE+9g/LO9/shD3QKy3Zf19PlZ7kY5J0f7AMfmY0Mn4PHks5vGyKFdKxJ3dr2iPWx5dhbyT8DGOaU6GFe2wH+mAFN3MiyZphwDea1o0Zfk331kY=&CSIPARTNER=3958&CNTID=587181494&SNUM=JXE77FZ527716529596&CType=

Which then proceeds to say:

This page isn’t working

survey.webrootanywhere.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

That is after I get the afore mentioned prompts, to enter in that 6 alphanumaric code it generates. There is no propt that allows me to skip the survey either to try and bypass that error I’m recieving. Any help at this point would be very much appreciated. If there was a force uninstall operation I would gladly use that as well, but sadly I do not know of one. 

Regards,

ForumUser

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @ForumUser 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues uninstalling Webroot. 

Please look here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/pc-uninstallation-option-missing-from-control-panel-34688

If this doesn’t work then you can Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking and uninstall from there. 

If all else fails then you will need to Submit a Support Ticket and the Webroot Support Team will take care of this issue for you.

HTH

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Hi all,

I am still having this issue with one of my clients, they install the normal latest version of Webroot Spysweeper. I cannot get rid of WRSA.exe, Control panel does not list Webroot.

Ive tried third party such as RevoUninstaller but it cant find it. The program is locked by something else, so i rebooted into Safe Mode only and its still locked. I have deleted everything from Regedit minus one folder that was locked (also in safe mode).

I have deleted ProgramData and all other files except for WRSA.exe. I even gave it less permissions so it wouldnt run. I tried command line and powershell, but everytime it says it cannot cause its locked.

I ran Process Explorer and Resource Monitor for WRSA.exe running or anything associated with it and it finds nothing. Also tried RKILL but it doesnt find it. I used Autoruns in Safe Mode but it wont work for the one line item of WRSA.exe cause its locked.

I tried both the download utility tools provided by Webroot for uninstalling, tried both in Normal Mode and Safe Modes.

Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @cmer7349 

Webroot Spysweeper hasn’t been available for over 9 years. Have you tried the Commandline I posted above?

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

If it doesn’t work try in Safe Mode with Networking!

Let us know how it goes.

Its in use whether normal windows or Safe Mode/ w Networking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Its in use whether normal windows or Safe Mode/ w Networking.

Then it’s best to contact Webroot support as they have other tools to uninstall!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,