Solved

How to add a file or a folder to exclusions?

• 19 November 2016
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I am trying to add either files or folders as exclusions in the webroot secure anywhere software. How do I do that? It seems like it was added in 2015 according to this forum post, but I can't find the feature: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Product-Questions/how-to-set-file-and-folder-exclusions-in-the-webroot-console/td-p/189775

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by DanP 21 November 2016, 16:35

View original

10 replies

Hi guppysb,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Despite this option being an often requested "Feature Request" (you can vote for this HERE, by adding your Kudos) in the Home edition of Webroot, for now it only exists in the Business version (your link is from the business forum). But you are not alone as many would like this option.

I believe Webroot wants to keep things as simple as possible, especially for the novice user. Adding exceptions could (in their view) open up avenues to infection for someone who didn't know what they were doing. That's my take on the whole thing, anyway. I still think it should be an option, imho. ;)

Regards,
BD
Userlevel 7
Hi guppysb

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I could not agree more with BD. Would be great to have this as an option but in the circumstances, and at present, looks like this is something that is still just in the ideas locker.

Please go add you comments & kudo to the suggestion...it is that way that we indicate to the development team what we the users feel we need/the product should include.

Regards, Baldrick
Sadface 😞
Userlevel 7
Hi guppysb

No need to dispair. ;) We just need to keep 'pushing' for the feature.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to add either files or folders as exclusions in the webroot secure anywhere software. How do I do that? It seems like it was added in 2015 according to this forum post, but I can't find the feature: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Product-Questions/how-to-set-file-and-folder-exclusions-in-the-webroot-console/td-p/189775

Thanks.
You do not need to add folder exlusions for applications with WebrootSecureAnywhere like you do with traditional antivirus software. If you are having issues with an application when running Webroot SecureAnywhere, please Submit a Support Ticket and we can sort that out for you. You can easily verify if the issue is related to Webroot by disabling Webroot SecureAnyware and checking to see if the issue still exists. 

-Dan
@ wrote:
@wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.
You do not need to add folder exlusions for applications with WebrootSecureAnywhere like you do with traditional antivirus software. If you are having issues with an application when running Webroot SecureAnywhere, please Submit a Support Ticket and we can sort that out for you. You can easily verify if the issue is related to Webroot by disabling Webroot SecureAnyware and checking to see if the issue still exists. 

-Dan

What kind of answer is this? Why are you telling your customers what they do and don’t need, clearly people are requesting this feature, a feature available in pretty much every AV and webroots response is..naw you don’t need It we know what you need better then you?? Sorry but this is frankly a very unprofessional answer from what i thought was a reputable company
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.

-Dan

What kind of answer is this? Why are you telling your customers what they do and don’t need, clearly people are requesting this feature, a feature available in pretty much every AV and webroots response is..naw you don’t need It we know what you need better then you?? Sorry but this is frankly a very unprofessional answer from what i thought was a reputable company
Well, that is your view and you are very much entitled to it...but actually DanP was only providing advice based on what WRSA's current features allow/cover. 

Yes, the feature is available in the Business Endpoint version...yes. it has been requested for the Consumer version,...yes, and for a loong time...but at the end of the day WRSA is where it is at for the moment...no one is hiding that...so if that is a feature that is a primary requirement then WRSA is not for those persons...it is that simple at present.

This may change in the future...but that is here we are at.

Baldrick

Badge +7

I would like to have this features too (as many, many others) , but seems it will not ever implemented, for no reason, the only solution seems to add tons of different files every time …. 

To anyone looking at this now, if you go to PC Security > whitelisted scripts > advanced whitelist, you can put in the path of a folder. 

@Anpoo  Yes, you can enter files and folders in the Whitelisted Scripts tab.  However, Webroot ignores the entries.  I added a folder where I keep my AutoHotKey keyboard scripts.  Even though I entered the root folder containing the scripts, every time I edit and recompile a script, Webroot pops up it’s threat warning dialog and tells me I’m infected.  I not only listed the root folder, I listed every one of my script executables but Webroot still ignores this whitelist.