After installing Webroot, I've been having trouble installing Spotflux's free VPN.

• 1 September 2015
  • 1 reply

After installing Webroot, I've been having trouble installing Spotflux's free VPN.

At first, Webroot was showing the Spotflux website as being suspicious. After I researched Spotflux and gained confidence that the site was not a malicious site, I tried to download and install Spotflux's free VPN program for windowns. During each attempt to install the Spotflux VPN, Webroot would alert me about 1 or 2 different files that were listed as category w32.gen.bt and had .tmp at the end of their file names, e.g. msib2ca.tmp and MSIC937.tmp.  Are these files safe??

Even when I clicked on the "ignore" button for the Webroot alert during one of my install attempts for the Spotflux VPN, the VPN did not install.

My web history also shows that when I would try to download the Spotflux VPN, Webroot would block the navigation.

As for the files that were shown in the Webroot alert, are they safe??
What can I do to have the free Spotflux VPN downloaded and installed safely?
Any advice would be sincerely appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please Submit a Support Ticket as that is the best way to report such issues.

While False Positives do happen, let the support team look at this for you free of charge with an active subscription These files might need to be whitelisted by them.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,